Stop Using Stop Losses

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oldtime, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Redneck

Redneck

You fry them in flour or cornmeal?

btw Horseradish & French Dressing mixed together make for a great dipping sauce

Bluegill is my favorite, hands down

eta; I have a lot of respect for folks who don't waste game

RN

#31     Jul 1, 2012
  2. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

+1

Great post. I started in the biz in 1992. Saw a bunch of people hired at my firm in 1998-2000 who had piss poor trading skills. They got bailed out routinely by volatility. All those guys thought they were star traders. When volatility slowed down and people actually had to put time in and work to trade (2001 or so) all of these guys got obliterated. All of them are long gone from the trading world.

I wonder how the "martingale" traders did Friday in RBOB and Heating oil futures ? All it takes is one day like that and their trading careers are history.

#32     Jul 1, 2012
  3. when I was in college, my roomates mom use to send him home with a big jar of pickled filllets, he had an electric rice maker, and I always had plenty of pot

we didn't get much studying done, but we always ate well

#33     Jul 1, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, this is what you said, these are YOUR quotes:

Oldtime

"If I am unemployed and have no income, and can't afford health insurance, when I file I will still owe a tax. Not too bad the first year, only $90, but after ten years about $800.

Is that right? Surely, there will bo some kind of subsidy for me, right?

I don't even ever plan on going to a hospital unless I am involved in some kind of bad accident and they force me to.

It just seems like I am pretty poor and already struggling and they are hitting me a little hard.

I'm a single male over the minimum age and below the maximum age and can't qualify for Medicaid in my state and don't have the werewithall to move to a state where I do qualify.

Keep in mind, I'm not looking for a free hand out and have no intention of going to the doctor, I'm just trying to avoid the tax due to the fact that I have fallen on hard times.

no, I have no income, I don't qualify for the earned income tax credit. Would be nice if I did, then they could just take it out of my refund. I do however get food stamps. I have no cash to pay the tax, but if they would take it out of my food stamps that would be a great help.

I had a &*^%$#@!) job and quckly realized that my supervisors and all my fellow employees were dumbshits like you, and that is not my style.

I am a tit sucking parasite and proud of it.

Just remember, before you get off your high horse to fight us, make sure there are more of you than there are of us.

yeah well, I think everybody from Warren Buffet to me should be on food stamps, and not only food stamps but shelter stamps and clothing stamps.

For crying out loud, the earth is a big place and there's plenty of room to fight over the scraps, but everybody should have food, clothing and shelter.

It aint much of a fight if your opponent is starving to death.

That's what I can't figure out about you right wingers, you feel that somehow you have been harmed if the poor are helped.

You're no different than the left wingers that feel they have somehow been harmed if I buy a private jet."

#34     Jul 1, 2012
  5. yes, that is what i said, very good use on your part in the right and left clicking technique. Since apparently you can't make it as a prop trader,why not try applying for a job where they pay you for copying posts? You are good at copying them but very poor at understanding them.

#35     Jul 1, 2012
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

So your're a deadbeat on welfare trading FX? If you are so starving for money, why the f*ck are you taking the little money you have left and gambling with it? I can't believe my tax dollars are supporting you. November can't get here fast enough. There is only one to remedy this problem and that's the ballot box.

#36     Jul 1, 2012
  7. Redneck

Redneck

Hmmm... Never had em pickled, may try and find a recipe - and try it

Thx
    RN

#37     Jul 1, 2012
  8. and on day one if I am elected the first law I will pass is that no deadbeats should be allowed to trade FX

#38     Jul 1, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

You will pass a law that would not allow yourself to trade FX? Clever.

You do understand, that it's people like you that cause a lot of us to vote down welfare funding.

#39     Jul 1, 2012
  10. yeah, he kept a jar of them on his desk, and every now and then he would open it up and snatch one and go back to studying with a smile on his face.

#40     Jul 1, 2012