Stop Trading - Shut Down For the Day

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ps0013, Jan 22, 2018.

1. themickey

themickey

Small divergence - no trading in Australia today - holiday, Australia Day.

#21     Jan 25, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Hooter

Hooter

yep. i have better numbers at the end of the month when i stop day trading after i hit PnL goal or loss limit. gotta have a finish line

#22     Jan 27, 2018
  3. ironchef

ironchef

Great words of wisdom Mr. Turtle. Unlike professionals, us retails often forget that we don't have to trade every day and every set up.

#23     Jan 27, 2018
    murray t turtle and Overnight like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

That is something I'd like to make honorable mention of here ironchef, thanks for reminding me of that. After this past month I have been suddenly thinking of this notion I have formed in my head of "having to make X amount" every day.

For me that can lead to bad things, especially when I get into daytrading mode and forget that Fridays have been generally bad for me in that regard. I need to calm myself down and remember that I DO NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE MARKET EVERY DAY. I'll get in next week but need to tone myself down a tad.

Thanks again for the reminder, even though it was indirect!

#24     Jan 27, 2018
  5. trendo

trendo

%%?

#25     Jan 27, 2018
  6. Overnight

Overnight

It is a thing he does...Some sort of forum alert tag that lets him know when people have replied to the thread or something.

@Magna can you elaborate? I forget it's exact function.

#26     Jan 27, 2018
  7. I dont do that every trend time[%%]; but since i use a 7-8% stop loss some ,it can easily slip/gap to 10%, against me on a good trending tech stock. So its a good profit reminder for me, also.I would not use a 7% stop on tight trenders like SPY, or QQQ.....I sometimes have more slippage on exit also, than i plan,LOL but good thing that is not a prediction:caution::D

#27     Jan 29, 2018