Stop these threads...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by neutrino, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Apparently it appears every trade (=~opinion) would have at least one buyer and one seller. :cool:

:confused:

#41     Jan 29, 2004
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

I can assure you that calling a DIRECTION in the market whether it may be calling the TOP or BOTTOM is in fact about trading....wether an analysis is provided or not has nothing to do with anything....Please point me out to your thread so we can critic it as well??? cmon Boys...PUBLIC FORUM....you dont like dont read....

#42     Jan 29, 2004
  3. MRWSM

MRWSM

I would never go long on just whatever someone claims, always do my own research. But if someone here is really truly that good, their picks will get attention. When you see them being correct more often than not over and over, why not go for it?

This reminds me of a post here about FMKT just recently. I didn't blindly buy it, but it did look good to me and I bought it. Already sold it for a nice profit. That's what I'm talking about. When something works you need to go for it and not sit on your hands.

#43     Jan 29, 2004
  4. MRWSM

MRWSM

Let me clarify my position. I do not like the normal top caller who has been short through most of 2003 and calling tops daily. Those people only show sentiment. I would like to see someone doing it and being correct most often.

#44     Jan 29, 2004
  5. zdreg

zdreg

just because someone has unpopular opinions he could be voted off and voted off "anonymously" by the ignorant. you are joking?

#45     Jan 29, 2004
  6. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=417803#post417803

01-27-04 09:39 AM
    Re: Alternative Market Glossary

Alternative Analyst recommendations: –
    Strong Buy – Hold
    Buy - Sell
    Hold – It's too late
    Sell – Buy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from Bsulli:

Analyst recommendations: –
    Strong Buy – Buy
    Buy - Hold
    Hold – Sell
    Sell – It’s too late.

:confused:

#46     Jan 29, 2004
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Ask MrMarket about that :) Better still, ask his detractors.

#47     Jan 29, 2004
  8. Market calls are fine to make - if they can have some substance behind them. Generally, they are best consigned to the grocery store. I have seen little analysis or thought behind many of the market calls here - those that are right or wrong.

My guess is less than 1/2 of those making market calls have actually done any work in producing that call. The majority are likely parroting - or plagiarizing - someone else's call, probably a newsletter writer, etc.

Sources and proper credit would be appreciated.

For the record, its just a pullback, the trend is up, there will be rotation still, and many of the extended stocks getting trashed now - mostly techs and small cap - will need time to repair, like they did before. I stand by this until foider notice.

#48     Jan 29, 2004
  9. abogdan

abogdan

So, you are assuming that majority of us are morons? :D :confused:

#49     Jan 29, 2004
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I can't help thinking about Babak's journal, which I sorely miss. He put a great deal of thought into what he posted, and I found him to be perceptive. Unfortunately, youknowwho made it impossible for him to continue.

He turned out to be wrong, of course, but that's not the point. He thought about what he said, and he explained why he believed what he believed. There was something to discuss. Unfortunately, there's nothing to discuss about these idiot "calls", which is why they generate the responses they do.

#50     Jan 29, 2004