Stop these threads...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by neutrino, Jan 29, 2004.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Baloney. Calling tops and bottoms isn't about trading; it's about ego. If it were about trading, then an analysis would be provided. Analyses, particularly here, are about as common as hen's teeth.

#31     Jan 29, 2004
  2. abogdan

abogdan

I don't think that anybody here objects the direction calling. I think we are talking about arrogance, name calling etc.

#32     Jan 29, 2004
  3. 48 Pages of worthless dribble about "Top Picking" from 1050 all the way to 1150-1170

Quote from Pspr:

Let me ask everyone a few simple questions.

Since James seems to like to REPEATEDLY call tops in the S&P and most everyone here has a different opinion, why do you bother to reply to his posts?

Since James NEVER gives any logic, reason or method for his market top calls, why do you bother to reply to his posts?

Since James seems to enjoy the attention and the argument and keeps coming back for more, why do you bother to reply to his posts?

Since James claims to sell naked calls in a raging bull market without the slightest proof or reason, why do you bother to reply to his posts?

Since the vast majority here voted in one of his previous threads that they would prefer that he just go away, why do you bother to reply to his posts?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...&threadid=26957

THE POLL AS IT ENDED
    Yes, this is around the top 6 10.91%
    It may go up alittle bit more, then drop 12 21.82%
    No, it's going higher 8 14.55%
    Who cares, and please just go away 29 52.73%

#33     Jan 29, 2004
  4. Make no mistake about it . . .

It's ALL about EGO and crying out for ATTENTION

:(

#34     Jan 29, 2004
  5. agreed 100%
    only a SEWING CIRCLE would find a way to complain about that kind of stuff

#35     Jan 29, 2004
  6. abogdan

abogdan

OOOOOOOh! Nice one!

#36     Jan 29, 2004
  7. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

As have I - for about 20 years now in one form or another.

If you have any experience in the real world you surely should realize that Business is NOT academia - and by the way, even in academia the information that is shared nowadays is usually not shared in the timely and informal manner that it once was .....

#37     Jan 29, 2004
  8. MRWSM

MRWSM

Well if someone making a killing in the market consistently cares to come here and just post "I'm long ACME or whatever" and do it over and over successfully and very profitably, I would really appreciate it. I can always use more money I don't know about you.:)

#38     Jan 29, 2004
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I stopped paying attention to stock-picking services twenty years ago. And if you're willing to go long whatever just because somebody claims to be making a killing in the market, you must be awfully new.

#39     Jan 29, 2004
  10. abogdan

abogdan

Well, I'm from the old school but I'm not an academic. I had my own business for more than 25 years. I know what its like. But I have managed not to become a frustrated, bitter, angry and paranoid dude like many of my colleagues. And I agree with you, life is tough, but if you share your thoughts you become tougher. That is my opinion and I respect yours.

#40     Jan 29, 2004