Stop these threads...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by neutrino, Jan 29, 2004.

1. as I heard on the radio "mega-ditto's"...thanks for saying my thoughts exactly....

#11     Jan 29, 2004

2. Hell yes...I read all of em. Those crazy threads keep me busy while my trades are on and enveloped with stop and limit orders.

Good trading

#12     Jan 29, 2004
  3. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

ET is primarily entertainment .... with a useful comment occasionally appearing.

Yahoo boards are still there and are truly worthless but they make you realize why we can make money in this business

#13     Jan 29, 2004
  4. abogdan

abogdan

I have an idea of how to improve the board. I was a member of one of the European sites were they have a feature called "Trash Bin". Every post can be voted off by the board members (anonymously) by clicking on the thrush bin icon that you can find attached to every thread, post or forum. If the poster gets certain amount of garbage bins he gets punished by not being able to post anything for certain time (they call it "jail"). The "sentence" increases if you get more garbage bins over time including "life time" were you are striped from your membership status. I know it sounds a little "Nazi" but it might work here. Just a thought!

#14     Jan 29, 2004
  5. That is an excellent idea!

But in the meantime, I would simply suggest making ET a subscription site so that we can get rid of all of the morons that run around ET with a ton of aliases. Too me, this is the single most damaging aspect of this website . . . Nothing like the very same guy on a thread, talking about himself and how GREAT his latest market call is, only to be also congratulated by himself, and his other aliases.

This has got to stop.

:(

#15     Jan 29, 2004
  6. Finally a voice of wisdom. Moderators please take control. All such non-productive threads should be immediately moved to chit-chat and their posters should be warned

#16     Jan 29, 2004
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

It so happens to be that one of the longest running quality threads on ET is about direction......give it a shot you might just like it...

#17     Jan 29, 2004
  8. simsim

simsim

(Neutrino, abogdan) your whip works.

Well reminded.

I am learning.

#18     Jan 29, 2004
  9. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

..This would help quite a bit but I think there would need to be a HUGE improvement in content here before anyone - other than a handful of new traders - would pay. I post and read here between trades because frankly, many of the posts are amusing, not because they represent anything I would ever use in my trading. The useful posts are all common knowledge to anyone in the business and most of the board is marketing/advertising or non-traders posting.

There are many destinations on the net and heavy handed tactics rarely work unless you really have something useful. Otherwise if your goal is to make money from sponsors and advertising you need more eyeballs and page views ... Hard to get if you still dont have the content to drive subscriptions ... Its a chicken and egg type of problem ....

#19     Jan 29, 2004
  10. MRWSM

MRWSM

Neutrino, what type of posts do you like to see? Just curious. Because sharing ideas is one thing but complete revelation of strategy's will only kill the strategy for sure. Too many people doing the same thing will never work.

So I guarantee I will never reveal my secrets here or anywhere and I suggest others do not either.

So we won't be posting about our systems, and now you want people to not post about positions, what exactly do you want to see here?

Touchy feely posts? Psychology? Comfort for people losing money? Do you watch Oprah? LOL:p

#20     Jan 29, 2004