Stop the occupation! Where is the outrage?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Aug 19, 2008.

#21     Aug 20, 2008
  2. I'm only exposing the hypocrasy of the rest of the world. Not Russia nor the United States.

The war in Yugoslavia/ Kosovo never had UN approval, hence it was an illegal war yet nobody cared.

Iraq by the same measure was an illegal war and all of a sudden UN approval now means something and the world protests.

Russia is an illegal war, an illegal invasion of a nation and yet nobody cares.

Isreal is antagonized into a war with Lebanon, and then critisized for their use of force yet Russia does the same thing to a much smaller country and voices are silent.

Where are all the European peace loving protestors?
    Where is the UN?
    Where are all the marchers for all things good? The anarchists?

F'ing lying hyprocryte bastards.

That's my problem with the whole thing.

#22     Aug 20, 2008
  3. Damn, and I thought O'Reilly was ...pure -- one of his secretaries told me so.

#23     Aug 21, 2008
  4. Did you think Scott Ritter was pure? When was he pure, when he said this
    "since 1998 Iraq has been fundamentally disarmed:"

or when he said this:
    "I think the danger right now is that without effective inspections, without effective monitoring, Iraq can in a very short period of time measured in months, reconstitute chemical and biological weapons, long-range ballistic missiles to deliver these weapons, and even certain aspects of their developing of nuclear weapons. program"

Was he pure when he said:
    If Iraq were producing [chemical] weapons today, we’d have proof, pure and simple.

or when he believed in exactly the opposite:
    The investigations had come to a standstill, were making no effective progress, and in order to make effective progress, we really needed the Security Council to step in a meaningful fashion and seek to enforce its resolutions that we're not complying with.

and this:
    In the book’s conclusion, Ritter criticized the current U.S. policy of containment in the absence of inspections as inadequate to prevent Iraq’s re-acquisition of WMD’s in the long term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Ritter

Perhaps Scott Ritter is so credible and we should have listened to him because he said the following in 2005:
    "George Bush had signed-off on preparations to bomb Iranian nuclear facilities, and that these preparations would be completed by June of 2005."

and in 2006:
    Ritter stated about a U.S. war with Iran: "We just don't know when, but it's going to happen,"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Ritter#Opinions_on_US_policy_toward_Iran

While the poster is right and Scott Ritter was an expert and he did claim that Iraq did not have any WMDs to speak of, we have to remember that he was the only expert to claim that and his statements were inconsistent and quite contrary to his own views he had expressed several years earlier. He did turn out to be right on Saddam's WMD, unfortunately in light of his other quotes and views he was as right as a broken clock is twice a day.

#24     Aug 21, 2008
  5. LOL I like that, good one. I'm guessing the joke is from 1990s the latest.

Sadly, can't criticize or ask questions in either anymore. Except that in Russia, there is no illussion about it.

#25     Aug 22, 2008