Stop the crap.....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by inandlong, Aug 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #71     Aug 17, 2003
  2. if Baron approves of ridding ET of 'crap', wouldn't everyone have to re-register as this new protocol would be completely different from the one everyone is registered for already? :-/

#72     Aug 17, 2003
  3. i think this inandlong's personal crusade. we'll see how it pans out. :eek:

ps inadlong is the sweet sensitive type :)

#73     Aug 17, 2003
  4. Hawker

Hawker

I completely agree. Before I became a member of ET I used to dig through the posts and could find something of value, something I could learn from, that's why I decided to become a member of such a great community. Nowadays you'll find crap from both sides, read : posters and repliers .Things have changed in a big manner unfortunately not for good. Its amazing how the initial idea of what seems to be a worth thread is distortioned and turned into a personal confrontation between the so called " versed traders". What a shame!!!

#74     Aug 17, 2003
  5. whose fault is that in your opinion? the person who replies in the "inappropriate" manner or those who respond to the "off topic" poster once he does reply?

disclaimer: in no way does my reply show support for repression of creativity as suggested by my reply

#75     Aug 17, 2003
  6. Hawker

Hawker

Both , actually !! :)

#76     Aug 17, 2003
  7. hmmm, very reasonable :D

#77     Aug 17, 2003
  8. so you're saying if someone is rude and obnoxious to you, then its your fault if you defend yourself? I don't get it....

#78     Aug 17, 2003
  9. god point..:confused:

#79     Aug 17, 2003
  10. The rule of thumb should always be...if you can't post something useful, then don't post.

But...Elite Trader is a free site that has no boundries to entry. So there will always be idiots who want to vomit out whatever comes to mind, without regard to being helpful or even slightly intelligent.

The only way to make a dent is for serious posters to publicly jump on anyone who posts obvious crap, and to do it immediately.

#80     Aug 17, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.