Stop people who have blocked you from posting on your threads

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Millionaire, Jun 3, 2022.

1. I thought that Frederick Foresight was the reincarnation of Slartibartfast?

#31     Jun 26, 2022
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Nah, that would be BugenHagen. And I do not recall Slarti being banned? I thought he just changed the nick.

#32     Jun 27, 2022
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

No, Frederick was originally Gabfly (probably one before that as well), then Brass, then Thunder...something. Or maybe the Thundersomething was before Brass. Its hard to keep track with how many names that "guy" has.

I don't know who slart was first, but he's bugenhagen now. Same vapid responses.

#33     Jun 27, 2022
  4. Oh, so Slarti changed his nick. I see. So who is he now?

#34     Jun 27, 2022
  5. Ah, so slart is now the Boogie man. I must of mixed these guys up. Not easy to remember who used to be who and who they are now lol.

#35     Jun 27, 2022
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Tell me about it.

#36     Jun 27, 2022
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Slart is Bugenhagen. What I mean was is I don't recall Slarti ever being banned. He simply changed his nick to Bugen.

It came out wrong.

@Baron Why can't you just simply list in a user profile what a poster's previous nicks have been? It would shave off a lot of confusion, heh.

#37     Jun 27, 2022
    FortuneTeller likes this.
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The people that change their usernames are using proxy servers so their IP addresses are constantly changing. They also use free email services to generate new email addresses when they register new usernames so from the perspective of our system, it doesn't look like a current member coming back under a different username. It looks like a brand new user.

#38     Jun 27, 2022
  9. Overnight

Overnight

I thought the majority of username changes were made by request to you. For example, I can swear that Slarti changed to Bugen, but his post count did not reset. I have seen other users that that has happened to as well?

#39     Jun 27, 2022
  10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

We've occasionally changed some usernames by request but to say that the majority of them happen that way would be incorrect.

#40     Jun 27, 2022