Stop orders in Excel (Genesis Laser)

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by midknight_rus, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Joab

Joab

Yes this what I thought !

I have HUGE slippage with this method a lot of the time !!!

Why ?

also

The OMS works great and I would be happy enough with that BUT the problem is the length of time (way to many steps) it takes to put the order in is not easy and fast enough.

Can you not build a faster interface into the platform for this kind of order ???

Stops are many peoples beef with Laser, so why not finally do something about it

#21     Jan 31, 2008
  2. Simply trap the LastPrice by coding into the Quotes_Change event procedure. Use Application.Ontime or the Win API SetTimer/KillTimer functions to build the OHLC interval

#22     Jan 31, 2008
  3. #23     Jan 31, 2008
  4. Joab

Joab

That's exactly what I'm saying !!!

7 Steps :mad:

by the time I do that on a stock like BIDU ... forget about it

#24     Jan 31, 2008
  5. I acknowledge this....Exactly.
    As you can see, GUI design becomes OH SO CRITICAL when instant entries must be made.
    This is why advanced/contingent orders are so important...you place everything at one time....stop loss and/or profit taking limit order.
    Also, remember this: specifying stop orders in terms of $ or Points or Ticks or even percentage becomes a vital convenience....why ? Because then, with the proper software design, you can RECALL these orders and they can apply to ANY new orders IN AN INSTANT because the settings are RELATIVE.
    Get it ?
    Storing a stop order with an ABSOLUTE price and then recalling it....that's kinda dumb.....the current market price has likely moved far away from that number....it's no longer relevant.

#25     Jan 31, 2008
  6. spamula

spamula

Is there any news on this. OMS takes too long to enter, 7 steps is far to many and you make mistakes every day.

We need to get a programmer to alter the OMS module who can help us?

#26     Jan 23, 2009
  7. Still no improvement after 6 months ?
    OMIGOSH. Laser tech support is now non-existent. Previously, it was just horrid. Now it has stepped down a notch.

#27     Jan 24, 2009
  8. OMS is better than the AUTO stop method. AUTO stop gives me huge slippage, and I only trade 100-300 shares.

OMS is a little better, one thing I hate about it is that it can only be set to trigger on the last print, not the bid/ask. So by the time the print goes off that would stop you out, you now have the spread out of your favor. It's usually not a problem, only get 1-2cent slippage on OMS, compared to upwards of upto 20cent slippage on AUTO.

The worse part of it all is seeing the market shoot through your stop then realize you didn't hit the "play" button in OMS, happens more often than you think, at least to me.

I would really like to code up a new module with OCO functionality and the ability to set the trigger on bid/ask/last print.

#28     Jan 24, 2009
  9. spamula

spamula

I spoke with Genesis yesterday, they said they are working on changes to the oms.

But they are not sure when it will be released.

What type of programmer could help us with this? I am clueless to what program someone would need to alter laser, can someone give me the run down on what skills the programmer would need.

#29     Jan 24, 2009
  10. spamula

spamula

What programming skills would be required to modify the OMS in laser? I'm hiring a programmer

#30     Jan 24, 2009