Stop orders in Excel (Genesis Laser)

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by midknight_rus, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Joab,

Thanks for your reply. I would do some serious additional volume if there was a stop built in to so I could move on to another trade and so on and so on. Laser is good, but there are many bugs to me. As well, ARCA orders seem slow vs. the other platform I use too. I trade a lot of NYSE stocks so ARCA rebate is tremendous to me.

#11     Jan 26, 2008
  2. I have not tried the new "OMS" module, but are you guys aware that Laser has had server-side stops for a while now?

Select "AUTO" route in Level 2 window and you should be able to enter server-side stop orders normally

#12     Jan 26, 2008
  3. Joab

Joab

giggollo,

Thanks for the reply, do you mean I can enter a server side stop by doing the above and then just enter a stop through the drop down menu on the level 2 window (as if I was sending it to the marketmaker)?

#13     Jan 27, 2008
  4. #14     Jan 27, 2008
  5. Yes, Joab, exactly.

#15     Jan 27, 2008
  6. I am not talking about the "AUTOROUTE" feature you referred to. I am referring to the "AUTO" route. In the level 2 window you have different routes, like ISLD, ARCA and there is also a route called "AUTO". If you select this route, you will be able to enter server-side stop orders

#16     Jan 27, 2008
  7. Joab

Joab

giggollo,

Sorry to be a pain in the but... but where exactly on the L2 window do I find/select "AUTO"

Thanks

#17     Jan 28, 2008
  8. Sorry guys...You have to select "Stop" not "AUTO" under the "Route" drop-down menu in the level 2 window. The stop orders will be placed on the "AUTO" route (thats what you will see as the route in the Pending Orders window).. let me know if it works..

#18     Jan 28, 2008
  9. Offical post from Genesis - just to clarify.

There are two ways to enter stops - either the STOP dropdown in Level II or the OMS window under Modules ---> OMS.

The STOP dropdown in L2 is a server based stop, sent to the AUTO ECN. They internalize the order on their servers.

The OMS is a Laser, client based module, stands for Order Management System. Stop orders sent using the OMS work from the client side, or your computer. Details on OMS can be found here (as all Laser release details are, plus old Laser versions):
    http://www.gndt.com/home/release.htm

Best,
    Genesis Management

#19     Jan 28, 2008
  10. How to feed 5-minute high and low parameters to Excel?

#20     Jan 31, 2008