STOP orders during Bankruptcy / Crash

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by CaliforniaKid23, Nov 26, 2007.

1. sorry...its end of day = [​IMG]

yes, you would have trouble if you have no options to get out...but i answered your question about limit moves. They happen often when riding the dragon of wheat...If you pay attention to critical news from USDA and weather, than you are mostly safe in other commo's. knoe wha 'm sayin'?

Maybe your clearing firm has a contact at the Bo' o' Trade for options if you get stuck in a hizzy.

#11     Nov 27, 2007
  2. Gustaf

Gustaf

Cool.

#12     Nov 27, 2007
  3. True you can "exit" via options and should have a strategy to do so, but how many here would be able to keep their heads during such situations ? :p

#13     Nov 28, 2007
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Trading index futures intraday avoids some of these risks, and that, among other reasons, is why i trade index futures intraday. And i should add that i am always both concerned and cautious regarding the amount of leverage i'm exposed to. Being too leveraged in the event of a calamity has ruined more than one trader. One of the many temptations to be avoided is that of trying to get rich quick by using excessive leverage. This is what brought down LTCM, and it can bring you down too.

#14     Nov 30, 2007