stop order

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by ytr30, May 31, 2010.

1. ytr30

ytr30

I trade with Interactive Brokers. When I place stop market order to close my position does it sit on my computer or goes to IB server? Can anybody see it? How can I place stop order so it's not visible to anyone?

2. epetrov

epetrov

Why you need an invisible stop order?
    You think you are enough valuble for the market??
    Does anybody care about you?

3. ytr30

ytr30

For my own peace of mind which is very important imo.

4. epetrov

epetrov

So you allow that THE MARKET chases YOU !!!

5. If a stop order is native to the exchange it goes to the exchange, otherwise it sits on IB servers.

Read at the details at http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/orders/stop.php?ib_entity=llc

If you don't want anyone to see your stop orders then write your own trading application using IB's API and keep the stops on your own computer. Keep in mind thet every mindreader can even see your mental stops.

And who cares who sees your stop orders? You really think that "they" move the market just to get your badly placed stop orders? The market doesn't care about you or any of your orders.

6. ytr30

ytr30

I think there are enough algos that do care about it and fish for those stops.

7. epetrov

epetrov

If it was so trading the markets would be easy.:)

8. cigarno

cigarno

"And who cares who sees your stop orders? You really think that "they" move the market just to get your badly placed stop orders?"
    Yes....Yes...Yes...all broker do and ome banks when itcomes to FX trading