Stop obsessing about the economy, you’re scaring the children”

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Jul 26, 2009.

1. You've said enough "stupid" to earn a place on my lonnnnnng list of IGNORE. (Not that you care, nor should you.)

#31     Jul 27, 2009
  2. If it does get BAD, I can't imagine our current society of degenerates being so civil. :(

#32     Jul 27, 2009
  3. I've never eaten that stuff, but I know some old timers that still consider it a treat.

Rural America was much different in the depression. They were more self-sufficient. Cisterns for water, outhouses, chickens in the yard for eggs and meat, a hog and smokehouse for bacon, a milk cow to be hand milked into a bucket, many still rode horses and were w/o cars, used horse drawn farm equipment, electricity wasn't that widespread, roads weren't as high maintenance and were unpaved, they used ferries to cross rivers, there weren't that many people either.

They didn't live in an electronic age you might say. We could find they we are all more helpless and pathetic than we realize. I like my creature comforts and don't have much faith in my survival abilities...if it does get THAT BAD.

#33     Jul 27, 2009