Stop hunting

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by paperboy, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Interesting pic :)

#11     Jun 23, 2007
  2. oh man!

stop running = stop hunting

as in

"run stops" or "hunt for stops"

geez

#12     Jun 23, 2007
  3. Ok geez. Your post can be understood as it was some alternative method. I read in some other forums about people trading this way so it´s probably just as possible as any other method.

#13     Jun 23, 2007
  4. I don't know what's your definition of new positions.

Regardless, I'll say it again, your usual culprit (market events) move prices.

Mark

#14     Jun 23, 2007

5. Can you explain more in depth? News does not move price. Only the interpretation of news by traders who click on the buy or sell button. Or did i missunderstand you?

#15     Jun 23, 2007
  6. At its most basic level its order flow that moves the market. Ask yourself "who's incontrol of the inventory" as Dalton puts it
    If the are 2x as many buyers then sellers the market is gonna be moving up when selling at that given level dries up.

In a sense the Fed does the same thing w/ money flow and booming/busting economies.

#16     Jun 23, 2007
  7. Yes, you can use ET search to read all my prior discussions about what moves the market.

Yes, news does move price and will continue to do so.

Yes, your correct in that traders react or anticipate the news (my way of saying what you said).

Mark

#17     Jun 23, 2007
  8. Cy_M

Cy_M

That means buying at the highs and selling the lows! How much sense does that make?

#18     Jun 23, 2007

9. Sure..why would you want to buy if earlier longs are closer to stop out?

#19     Jun 23, 2007
  10. afterall, you don't get lows unless there is mental justification for them... otherwise prices would be a oneway street.

this is very typical action when a long term equity high is encountered.. people decry the bull is dead...

#20     Jun 23, 2007