Stop giving money to Haiti!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by peilthetraveler, Jan 26, 2010.

1. I say we give them both a Nobel Peace Prize in Math.

Give the OP a Peace Prize in economics.

Anyone else want a Peace Prize?

#21     Jan 26, 2010
  2. Tiger Woods for Marital Fidelity. :cool:

#22     Jan 26, 2010
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

i want one i am at home doing nothing to help or hurt anyone so technically i am most suitable out of the candidates to get one.

#23     Jan 26, 2010
  4. clacy

clacy

About once a week I read a post by you that really makes me question your intelligence.

Will a lot of the money be wasted? Sure

Will some pretty mean, nasty and corrupt Haitian officials retire early because of this support? Sure

But should Americans donate $10 here and $50 there to an ultra poor country where the people have little or no hope and have had their worlds turned upside down (in addition to likely losing family members to this quake)? Absolutely

#24     Jan 26, 2010
  5. Catholicism
    Main article: Roman Catholicism in Haiti
    About 95% of the population claim Christian beliefs, and the most professed denomination by far is Roman Catholicism.[1] Similar to the rest of Latin America, Haiti was colonized by Roman Catholic European powers. Following in this legacy, Catholicism is enshrined in the Haitian constitution as the official state religion, and between 80 and 85% of Haitians are Catholics. Pope John Paul II visited Haiti in 1983. In a speech in the capital of Port-au-Prince, he criticized the government of Jean-Claude Duvalier; it is believed that the impact of this speech on the Catholic bureaucracy in Haiti contributed to his removal in 1986.[citation needed]

According to the Catholic Church in Haiti, the ten dioceses of the two ecclesiastical provinces of Haiti count up to 251 parishes and about 1500 Christian rural communities. The local clergy has 400 diocesan priests and 300 seminarians. There are also 1300 religious missionary priests belonging to more than 70 religious order and fraternities. Vocations to the priesthood are plentiful.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Haiti

#25     Jan 26, 2010
  6. lol you're delusional. You're referring to a small percentage.

And the guys who are sitting in jail for murder and rape..... What's their excuse then? Assuming a lack of faith/moral compass got them there..... Let's just let them go free since they don't fall in the "shitholes of the world" category like religious people do. ( Since we're bringing religion into the equation. )

I think you've been reading too much wikipedia bud.

Maybe you need to use that little nugget on your shoulders too once in a while. You sound equally as crazy as the OP.

#26     Jan 26, 2010
  7. Agreed. 5/5 on the thread.

#27     Jan 26, 2010
  8. How did religion even get involved here? There was an earthquake moron. Are you really this dense?

#28     Jan 26, 2010
  9. Man, i've seen some crazy posts from you....but this one is just plain out in left field. You need to get your head examined.

Better off than before?! There's THOUSANDS dead.

#29     Jan 26, 2010
  10. religion got involved because the biggest bible thumper on et strated this thread and showed himself to be a hypoctite.
    read more slowly if you have trouble following along.

#30     Jan 26, 2010