Stop error with IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by TexTrader, Nov 17, 2003.

1. IB customer service told me that, they see I had the 1379 stop but I changed the order to 1381 at 14:08 and it got executed at
    14:11
    I may have changed it to 1381 by mistake or for momentarily all the while thinking that 1379 was my stop. I cannot argue with that. I just wasn't sure how that order got executed, Beacuse I could not recall changing the stop to 1381.

Since TWS doesn't show order history, there was no way I could verify that I had changed the stop.

Def, why don't you guys have the complete order history for atleast 1 day in TWS. I think most other brokers show that. Atleast datek had it for sure.

I was pretty pleased with the online chat customer service.

#11     Nov 18, 2003
  2. def

def Sponsor

glad that it was resolved and all made sense.

the audit trails that we have internally are quite large and I just assume it was designed that way to keep the pipes from getting too clogged and having the local end do less work. providing access to them is another item on the list of suggestions that at some point in time will get assigned a priority.

#12     Nov 18, 2003
  3. Ditch

Ditch

Last week i had entry- and stop-loss orders disappear in TWS. I posted about it on this site and a guy of IB told me to mail CS. So i did. I got back a reply stating it was unclear about which trade i was complaining. Can you believe that? I decided to leave it at that. Their system sucks, the only solution is to put up or go elsewhere.

#13     Nov 18, 2003
  4. IB customers have been asking for a feature like "order history" for years now ...

:mad:

#14     Nov 18, 2003
  5. Quah

Quah

Either you changed it or you didn't - you dont remember changing it? Why would you change it momentarily and then forget that you did it?

#15     Nov 18, 2003
  6. Some people just seem to be wired differently. Just remember this incident if you ever have to do jury duty and consider the fact that if the defendant claims this kind of memory loss he might actually be telling the truth.

#16     Nov 18, 2003
  7. Quah

Quah

Weel, i don't understand how it could have been changed "momentarily" - since after it was changed it was filled - then there would be nothing left to change "back".

#17     Nov 18, 2003
  8. what i meant was, that I was at 1379, changed it to 1381 and then decided to go back to 1379 and I probably did not hit the
    Transmit button all the while in my mind thinking that I am back at
    And since I did not have the order history I wasn't sure what happened when it did get executed.

I am kind of happy it was my mistake, because if it was not, I would be scared entering an order next time.

#18     Nov 18, 2003