Stop distance

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TTT, Dec 2, 2018.

1. TTT

TTT

When they open an operation in the ES in the opening normally how many points are willing to lose?

2. Handle123

Handle123

What do you mean by "open an operation" ?

3. Your question does not make a great deal of sense I’m afraid :wtf:

4. Hello, that will depend on the amount of capital you have for trading. My advice is: "Never risk more than 1.5% to 2% of your total trading capital in any given trade. Why?. Because this will give you the chance to be wrong many times and still conserve enough capital to keep on trading to make it back.

wwatson1 likes this.
  5. How on earth did you work out what he was trying to say haha

6. Palindrome

Palindrome

It largely depends upon how you like your steaks cooked.

Rare- 20 points
    Medium - 15 points
    Well - 10 Points

I would stick with that as a starter, tweak overtime.

**** Thinking about it further...I trade NQ's and my stop is 20 handles...I also like my steak medium. 20 handles on nq's is about the equivalent of 15 handles on ES hahahahah...so there is wisdom in what I write.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    positive etc likes this.
  7. TTT

TTT

when they start a trade in the opening in the ES,
    sorry with the translation:D

8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Using Swype on your Android and expecting it to work, it either works perfectly or creates utter jibberish :)

Too many variables to answer sadly.

9. Neuroway

Neuroway

Yes, but you still have to calculate a stop distance that will hold the line more than 50% of the time, so you have to adjust your leverage in such a way that the aforementioned distance is equivalent to 1.5% or 2% of your total trading capital. This is where AI comes in handy, because it's not an easy equation to solve without it. :)

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  10. I think this is where AI is helpful as well. Have you had experience doing this?

#10     Dec 3, 2018