Stop dealing options

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by NoMoreOptions, Apr 17, 2003.

1. ktm

ktm

It's QDZ alright...no doubt about it...or another whiner who has decided to get himself a new ID in the last few days.

Listen buddy, take it elsewhere. Nobody here on the OPTIONS FORUM OF ELITE TRADER wants to hear what a ripoff options are to us traders. Many of us make a decent part of our living trading them. I trade retail and institutional and I like the spreads. I have spent a considerable amount of time learning strategies, dealing with the fees and MMs over the years.

Your argument is either it's a great big ripoff for everyone or we need to hand you a system that that works to prove otherwise?

OK, it's a ripoff. Now go protest somewhere else.

#21     Apr 17, 2003
  2. I happen to agree with QDZ on this one.

I don't need your strategies. Keep it to yourself. I've been seeing hundreds of them and personally simulate or test many of them. Some indeed worked in some conditions. But to this day, the truth is that the options market become a gambling house so unfair to a degree where you will never be able to beat the dealers if you keep playing with no matter what strategy. As long as you do not have that one chance close to an equal competition opportunity, you eventually will lose. So listen to me, detach now or otherwise stay in loss and pain for eternity.

By the way, are you with dealers, or exchanges, or industry promopters/educators 1-800-ooooops, ktm?

#22     Apr 17, 2003
  3. maglia rosa

maglia rosa Guest

Trading options is great for those who know what they are doing, and money can be made by buying and selling options. If you don't have the resources and the energy to figure the game out, you're free to refrain from this particular market. The cost of learning does not start with your account, but with your brain and your willingness to study. In my opinion, just selling options to collect premia every month is a foolish strategy, but if you figure the game out and realize that every option you buy or sell is really a bet on volatility and the implied distribution of the underlying, it can be an interesting and rewarding game to play. It just takes a little more work.

#23     Apr 17, 2003
  4. Sure maglia, learning is an important process. But there will be a point when we find that there is not too much we can improve to pick numbers in lottery or on wheels given our personal attributes and without being blessed by a set of fair rules. What left will be just pain in the a*s.

#24     Apr 17, 2003
  5. Trajan

Trajan

Hey, I was going to make that comment. Mine was going to be,"What, is QDZ4 taken?".

#25     Apr 17, 2003
  6. qdz4

qdz4

Yes.

#26     Apr 17, 2003
  7. trader3

trader3

I notice that the people responding with the opinion that options are a fine vehicle to make money with are not taking into account how much more they could make if fair business practices existed in the options markets.

If you trade options with frequency and get a good look at what is really going on you will be shocked at how much out and out thievery there is.

Sail's quote below is quite accurate and it all happens every day in the options markets:

#27     Apr 17, 2003
  8. white17

white17

You took the words right out of my mouth.

#28     Apr 17, 2003
  9. white17

white17

There is indeed validity in Sail's quote. That doesn't mean one can't be successful trading options.

Apparently NOMOREOPTIONS ? QDZ 1,2,3,4 can't or won't make the effort to learn. Sounds like an entitlement whiner to me.

#29     Apr 17, 2003
  10. phck off hotshot... this is about principle... not about whether we make money. I've sold premium before you were out of diapers... so what. That deos not mean that things should not be made ethical and fair! What... are you afraid you are not good enough to to win, with an even playing field!?

Every word on this thread is true. If not, why don't they have cancel fees for the underlying? And the PDT rule's application to options is absurd, even though it doesn't affect me personally, so far. It is blatantly unethical

Ever hear of the U.S. Constitution! Or don't you think it applies to the financial markets! This option crap is blatantly unconstitutional/monopolistic behavior. It's unequal protection of law.

But it will end. I have already talked with a securities attorney about a class action suit. Damn if the option exchanges aren't ripe to be named as defendants!

Ice:cool:

#30     Apr 17, 2003