Stop coddling the super-rich: Buffett

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

LOL yeah Obama has certainly proven he's good at that.

#51     Aug 15, 2011
  2. Tax rates are not the reason jobs are overseas. Because during Reagans era we had a shit ton more jobs in the US and taxes were way higher than today. What killed Jobs FREE TRADE Agreements and deals with Red China as well when they got special trading status.

Jobs move overseas because you can pay some 14 yearold kid in china 2 bucks an hour and if he gets killed at the job, the chinese government will bus in new employee. No fuss no muss.

Plus you don't have to deal with things like EPA,OSHA,EEOC,ADA,discrimination lawsuits,Ritalin Junkies,local and state regulations.

Taxes are the Cherry on top of the cake, you can cut taxes here to 0% and Corporations will pocket the spread and use the cash savings to open up more factories and job places outside of the USA.

Keep dreaming that cutting taxes will magically bring back all those jobs.

#52     Aug 15, 2011
  3. jem

jem

I was pointing out that buffett is so full of shit is disagrees with the investment philosophy of his company as presented by his number 2 guy.

I would argue taxes are only one part of the equation... i agree with you about free trade agreements... and I voted for perot. I would follow the founders model and drop or reduce income tax and set up tariffs.

#53     Aug 15, 2011