Stop coddling the super-rich: Buffett

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Aug 15, 2011.

1. bone

bone

This is all just a steaming crock of shit... rates don't matter - loopholes and deductions matter.

Notice how Mr. Buffett never claimed that he actually PAID those high marginal rates he recites in the article - he has armies of tax attorneys and accountants on retainer for the task of dispensing with equality in tax codes.

#31     Aug 15, 2011
  2. rew

rew

I agree with Buffett. While the millionaires in this country are mostly Republicans, the billionaires are nearly all Democrats. So please tax the bejeezus out of Warren Buffet, George Soros, Bill Gates, Lloyd Blankfein, Sergey Brin, and all those Hollywood moguls. Super riich advocates of big government should have to pay for the damn thing.

#32     Aug 15, 2011
  3. Due Buy

Due Buy

LoL That we do.

#33     Aug 15, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

WTF?

Were you dropped on your head as an infant?

#34     Aug 15, 2011
  5. We are at the lowest levels of revenue to GDP since 1950

"Since the 1970s, federal revenues have averaged nearly 19 percent of the U.S. economy. This year's revenues are expected to equal just over 14 percent of the economy, the lowest level since 1950."

#35     Aug 15, 2011
  6. jem

jem

thats because they moved all the jobs out to more profitable places.

we need lower taxes to bring the jobs back.

#36     Aug 15, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

1) I got that quote from what YOU posted.
    2) If you and your buddy Ricter are so keen to give more of your money to the feds to be squandered what is stopping YOU from writing a check for the amount of all YOUR excess funds and sending it to Washington? Other than your obvious hypocrisy of course.

Put up or STFU.

#37     Aug 15, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

And like I said, if you think taxes are too high join the tax resisters.

#38     Aug 15, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

And like I said, send in YOUR excess funds to the feds or move to a higher tax country. Stop demanding the rest of us throw more good money after bad.

#39     Aug 15, 2011
  10. bone

bone

From a 2010 Morgan Stanley Fixed Income White Paper:

That paints a far rosier and more flattering picture about the upside potential for raising taxes than reality dictates.

From a 2010 Morgan Stanley Fixed Income White Paper:

"Debt/GDP therefore provides a flattering image of government finances. A better approach is to scale debt against actual government revenues (see Exhibit 2). An even better approach would be to scale debt against the maximum level of revenues that governments can realistically obtain from using their tax-raising power to the full. This is, inter alia, a function of the people’s tolerance for taxation and government interference. Seen from this angle, the US federal debt no longer compares quite so favorably with that of European governments."

[​IMG]

#40     Aug 15, 2011