Stocks would be 50% lower without BUBBLE ben bernanke!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Wait! Did you really ever think that your savings were protected? Since when? Any savings you have in a bank are ALWAYS falling behind society. It's set up that way. Always has been. Since when has any real wealth been created from savings and not taking risks. Where do you think your savings are safe? In a mutual fund? Lol.

There's 3 places where your money is safe. All involve risk. 1) start a business, 2) smart real estate investment (not speculation, two different things. One is gambling). 3) stock market. ( learn to trade )

There are a few more obscure places where you can put your money as investments for growth but SAVINGS have always been eaten up by inflation. The system has always been rigged that way.

You should always be afraid to have money in savings. The wealthy saver! Lol.

#51     Aug 1, 2012
  2. I guess you weren't around when Volker jacked up rates in the early 80's?

There is a world of difference between "competitive rates" and "going Japanese" and keeping rates pegged at ZERO for 6 f'ing years.

Just because you were born after 1980 is no excuse for being a total ignoramus.

#52     Aug 1, 2012
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

#53     Aug 1, 2012
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

That was before my time as well, but just because 15percent rates then don't make zero percent rates today unreasonable.

#54     Aug 1, 2012
  5. Bob111

Bob111

hey pal..show me yours, i'll show you mine.. (i just want to be make sure that i'm getting right advise from right person, who did very well in all three)where did i said that i'm into 'creating wealth' mode? i did good in trading..better than most of you here..but what i did stated numerous times here that i'm suck at any investing(doing just fine in day trading(IMO-hardest of all)). i'm suck at any investing cause i'm literally burnt out by my day trading..all i want is fucking PRESERVATION of my capital. that's it. just to have it where it is..it will all go to my kids..im' very simple man..i don't need any fucking boy toys or 10K sqf house..it's looks like a punishment here,when one was asking for me something simple and reasonable....ok then..good luck to all of you,investment geniuses and wealth creating guru's..

#55     Aug 1, 2012
  6. It's absolutely unreasonable, just as the Fed's "dual mandate" is equally preposterous. All of the usual Fed apologists run around screaming "no inflation", constantly citing the most tinkered, hedonically adjusted load of crap to try and "massage" the numbers to fit with some bullshit 2% annual inflationary stat. Of course, using the methodology from 1980 or thereabouts, the numbers suddenly triple or quadruple.

At the very least in 1980, if you had some savings, you could put it in a cd, some t-bills, etc...and probably beat out inflation. Nowadays, forget about it.

The bigger picture is that ZIRP is bankrupting seniors on fixed income, it's creating a bigger hole that pensions will never crawl out from under..those FCM's that seem to be going to hell every few months..yep, lack of interest income.

There is literally a media blackout on the topic of perpetual ZIRP. A few short years ago we heard all of this rhetoric about being "ready to act" within 15 minutes. Six short months later, ZIRP was extended out another 2+ years. So much for the whole notion of "actively monitoring inflationary expectations".

Achilles28 has covered all of this nonsense a million times before me. He is one of the few sensible guys around this place.

#56     Aug 1, 2012
  7. Bob111

Bob111

real estate..yeah..right..go head and search into like 2000-3000 of my posts back..see what i've said about real estate back then. that was probably 2006-2007-.i said-we are going japan style..causes are different,solutions might be different but outcome will be same-down and dead real estate market for at least a decade..and so far- i see no end of it. wait untill prices at your local supermarket go up 15-20% this fall..yeah..there is will be whole lot more houses for sale into the end of this year..and then-wait for a real bloodbath when rates are on rise..real estate..no matter how i play with the numbers-i cant' come up with something above 4-5%..and that's if i do all the work by myself and pay cash for a house..that's where the prices are in my area today..fuck this 'investment'..

#57     Aug 1, 2012
  8. Bob111

Bob111

that is exactly my point..even in 90's and mid 2000 rates are 'reasonable'..not anymore.. it just a fucking highway robbery..quite literally..but hey..most of the folks here are above that..they are busy,making millions scalping futures..that's' ok, if you are in 95% emg's category..you shouldn't worry about your money..cause you don't have any...:)

#58     Aug 1, 2012
  9. I agree. It's like arguing with children. They have "trader myopia". It's just assumed that everybody in the world has the time or inclination to scalp futures, trade spreads, etc. all day long AND that there is no risk involved either.

Sorry, but the reality is that ZIRP is a HUGE drain on those who didn't leverage up the ass prior to the 2008 collapse and NOW must continue to subsidize this broken debt-credit cycle disaster. As if we really need another round of "teaser rates" for more bullshit real estate speculation. Of course, the irony is that we are on our 4th year of ZIRP, with another 3-4 years (as promised) and yet those "ultra low teaser rates" are much harder to come by for the end user.

#59     Aug 1, 2012
  10. To add to your point. What makes matter worse (and it does depend GREATLY on which state you are in)...but these "cash starved" municipalities look at the homeowner as red meat...literally. I dig thru property tax records for many different areas, just out of curiosity. Sure, some states have semi-honest assessors and such and will reduce the value of the property based on a realistic market value...Others, just hold the opinion that they have a bevy of parasitic public "servants" who need the money more than the homeowner and will just jack rates incessantly. No matter what the "market will bare"; it's just a flat out disgrace what I've seen some properties "assessed at". All they have to do is tinker with the f'ing multiplier if/when they adjust the "market value" lower.

I'm sure you know all of this, just thought I'd chime in with another serious deterrent to real estate in this current clusterfuk.

#60     Aug 1, 2012