Stocks VS Futures

Discussion in 'Trading' started by YoungOne, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Changing instruments won't make you a better trader.

#41     Jun 19, 2008
  2. Equity index futures and the corresponding equity ETFs are arb'ed against the same underlying. How can one be a zero sum game and the other is not?

#42     Jun 19, 2008
  3. HavenÕt you ever heard of Hedging
    If a tree falls in the woods does it make any noise?

Is there really anyone else on the other end of your trade?

Look you can believe what you want. You canÕt prove it really, but if it makes you happy you can believe it. When you hold a position in a trending market, so what if itÕs a zero sum theory. The numbers are accumulating in your account often at an unbelievable accelerating pace. Who cares if it is a zero sum or not?
    You can speak for yourself on that one. But the evidence may prove that you can trade better than them no matter what they know or believe.

#43     Jun 19, 2008
  4. I went from stocks to futures for a few reasons. One is that I don't have time for all the screening involved with stocks right now. Another is that the index futures don't defy your technical analysis with news that comes out as often as stocks do. Finally, I really like the tax treatment of futures and the fact that I don't have to list every. single. transaction. on my freakin tax return.

#44     Jun 19, 2008