Stocks up YTD, markets are near all time highs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Weird divergences today & yesterday. Indexes are GREEN but many of the stocks I watch that have positive sentiment are RED and falling!

Anyone know why?

#11     Sep 13, 2007
  2. And Americans also get their weekly paychecks from the companies that can't get their commercial paper placed in the bond markets. Will those Americans care if their jobs are lost due to a credit crisis?

But I guess arguments don't count here with our resident ET bears. Let's all chime in "The bulls are whining to get a rate cut. The SP500 will goto zero. We're all in big trouble after this massive asset bubble will pop. The Fed is manipulated by Wall Street banks." I guess that makes more sense to most.

#12     Sep 13, 2007
  3. American companies need to quit taking on so much debt. I say let the weak fail, and the strong thrive. Thats how it should be.

#13     Sep 13, 2007
  4. Uhm.. Okay, I guess there is a lot of misinformation out there about the function of fixed income markets and their role in our economy.

Good luck trading everybody.

#14     Sep 13, 2007
  5. Obviously the market is doing fine. As I said before the subprime liquidity credit mortgage stuff was no big deal and that the markets would constinue to surge higher.

boo hoo I cont afford to pay for my mortgage..boo hoo hoo I defaulted

boo hoo hedgefund went under

boo hoo hoo

#15     Sep 14, 2007
  6. kashirin

kashirin

A I understand stock market mirrors all other markets
    So if any company has probems somewhere including borrowing at fixed markets it's reflected in their share price

So if stock market is OK all other markets doing fine

#16     Sep 14, 2007