Stocks To Trade

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Zarrar, Mar 28, 2001.

1. Zarrar

Zarrar

Now that the once trading havens like CIEN, JNPR, BRCD, CHKP and others are off their majestic promise, what are some stocks still worth trading. Thanks.

2. gh1

gh1

Sorry, but can you explain what you mean by "the majestic promise"?

I think these stocks are still tradeable, but i am not sure what you are looking for? Liquidity and price range are mostly what i consider. These fit the bill (i don't follow BRCD and CHKP however)

regards/greg

3. Zarrar

Zarrar

Majestic promise was that you could always buy the dip no matter what and be assured that the stock will go up. Its not a strategy solely on trading but more like a cross between trading and swing trading. Thanks for your thouhts.

4. Zarrar

Zarrar

Greg,

What other stocks do you follow for trading?

5. gh1

gh1

Depends on what system i am trading.

For Day trading momentum systems (which is what i was refering to in last post) i watch: CIEN, QCOM, JNPR, PMCS, KLAC, XLNX, AMAT, NVLS. More than enough there to trade, i don't feel i need to expand this basket.

I dropped SUNW, DELL, WCOM, JDSU.

For swing trading systems i trade the whole list that trades over 300k/day and is over $15.

regards/greg

6. Greg,

Nice list! I follow those you mentioned, and in addition, I watch and play VRTS, CHKP, BRCD, BEAS, and NEWP. As long as they have a decent range and volume, they're tradeable.

Regards,
    Chris

7. lately i've been trading SEBL

on-on