Stocks to rise into Royal wedding week

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Debaser82, Apr 22, 2011.

1. luisHK

luisHK

Read somewhere that the cost of the extra public holiday in the UK to the national economy is estimated in billions of GBP.I can't fathom why one would give a damn to UK or other countries' royals - friggin shame they live so lavishly on the back of the taxpayers :confused:

#21     Apr 28, 2011
  2. Visaria

Visaria

Estimated 2 billion people will watch, will bring in tourism etc, will more than offset any loss of business due to the extra Bank Holiday.

#22     Apr 28, 2011
  3. luisHK

luisHK

#23     Apr 28, 2011
  4. luisHK

luisHK

#24     Apr 29, 2011
  5. Visaria

Visaria

Enjoyed it thoroughly, well worth £50 million (and a day off).

#25     Apr 29, 2011
  6. d08

d08

Same in Europe. It's mostly the pensioners, unemployed and borderline retarded people who watch it. Smarter people tend to hate the royalty.

#26     Apr 29, 2011
  7. d08

d08

Class? Do you realize that family made it's fortune by peddling opium via the East India Trading Company? These are the descendants of corrupted politicians and drug runners.
    A crook wearing a suit and referring to himself as "Sir" is still a crook.

#27     Apr 29, 2011
  8. AK100

AK100

Great service, I loved it. The Bride and Groom looked great.

Lot's of happy American tourists were interviewed on TV and they were also loving it. Some had been camping outside the Abbey for a few days and were all beaming with happy faces.

Many of you grumpy and negative posters here could learn a bit from your happy and upbeat fellow citizens.

#28     Apr 29, 2011
  9. AK100

AK100

And? Most crooks want to turn legit at some stage, it's only natural if you've got the cash.

Joe Kennedy being a great example.

#29     Apr 29, 2011
  10. d08

d08

Stupid people make me grumpy.

"Hey, I will have this huge wedding with everything you can imagine. Oh by the way, I will do it with your money. Don't worry though, you can watch it from distance and cheer for me."

#30     Apr 29, 2011