Stocks that you KNOW can only go down

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ang_99, Dec 20, 2008.

1. #11     Dec 21, 2008
  2. If markets continue to rally, don't really matter how shitty a company you are shorting, most likely you will be down size. Until you realize that and stop hand picking companies, you are a mook. Look for market direction. Honestly, I think the market has further room to go up, cause that will be the move that takes out most people here on ET. And then after everyone ducks for cover, it'll be down size.

#12     Dec 21, 2008
  3. I'm wondering if the pawn is going to checkmate the king.

The vendors are going to cause the ruin of Wall Mart.

WMT business model of dictating prices/quality/supply was a great idea based on shear size of the business to be had by being a vendor of WMT but left slim margins and tighenting credit for suppliers.

#13     Dec 22, 2008
  4. Is ET public?

jk

#14     Dec 23, 2008
  5. lesser newspapers fer sure. GM. commercial reits probably.... COH...

#15     Dec 23, 2008
  6. Well, I love the Build a bears too, they're a little bit cheaper here in Thailand, and people will always pay more for quality. The old cheap stuff from China is falling out of fashion and I think there will be a resurgence for quality toys. 25 years ago my mom paid 50 bucks for a cabbage patch kid doll, that my daughter now plays with today. Quality pays. You can pay five bucks for a chinese doll that will be toxic, lead tainted, and fall apart in a week.

#16     Dec 23, 2008