Stocks that shoudn't be where they are

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stock_trad3r, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Yeah...and management should be able to line their pockets since they've done such a good job. 75% of that "lining" has been performance based. A real rarity in the business.

As for the insiders, there hasn't been an insider purchase since Jan 06 when the stock price was in the low 40's. So throw that theory out the window.

Third...apparently McDonald's sucks too:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=mcdonalds+sucks

Should we start shorting McD's on that theory?

#11     Apr 14, 2008
  2. Is that it?
    Is that all you have for analysis of these stocks.
    That you can't believe people would spend $11 on a meal.....

#12     Apr 14, 2008
  3. Not when the quality is so poor.

#13     Apr 14, 2008
  4. RIMM. At $115 a share and P/E ratio of 51, analysts are forecasting revenues to increase from $2 bil to $13 bil by 2010. That's a rosy scenario. If the economy stays soft and layoffs increase, those laid-off middle managers are going to be turning in their Dingleberrys and canceling their data subscriptions. I think RIMM will grow, will do well, but won't live up to such lofty expectations.

#14     Apr 14, 2008
  5. I've never eaten at a CMG. But if you're under the belief that the stock will fall because the food sucks.....have you ever had McDonalds? How bout Taco Bell or Del Taco, Arby's????
    That is some of the most disgusting food and slobs shovel it down their throats every day. Most fast food is pretty nasty but they are still in business.

I just think you have little solid analysis going on especially to short.
    Good Luck though.

#15     Apr 14, 2008
  6. I'm of another mindset. I enjoy(ed) Chipotle from time to time. No issues at all with them. Fine place to dine.

#16     Apr 14, 2008
  7. I've eaten at Taco Bell, Mc Donalds, and Chipotle. The former companies provide a much better value than Chipotle. I ate at Chipotle once and would never revisit.

YUM Brands, the parent company of Taco bell, is at near 52 week highs:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=YUM&t=2y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

Chipotle will be on the 52 week lows list soon enough along with Crox.

Also, I'm not short. I'll consider shorting after a really bad quarter.

#17     Apr 15, 2008
  8. Where do you get $11/meal from? Maybe $7-8/meal, and even McD's will cost you $5-6/meal nowadays.

#18     Apr 15, 2008
  9. #19     Apr 15, 2008
  10. what gives people??? After all this time, stock_trad3r is finally saying something negative (or realistic) and ya'll give him grief..... There's just no pleasing some people. :)

#20     Apr 15, 2008