Stocks or Real Estate-Best path to prosperity?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Zr1Trader, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Cash may be king for short periods but I just can't see it being able to achieve 20% annually over 25 years by merely holding it.

Are you talking Federal Reserve Notes or a different currency? Perhaps interchanging holdings between multiple currencies through the years?

Mind you that the real estate I am talking about for the purpose in this thread provides CASH FLOW monthly. But without the real estate the cash doesn't flow in to "ones" account.

I like the REIT idea that a poster brought up. No toilets to fix or tenants to tend to.

Stocks, REits, commodities, Currencies, Futures, cash, and of course the Investment Manager's decisions are the key to achieving 20% annually.

The "investment manager" is the main key for the ultimate success.

Interesting to see what others thoughts were on the subject .

#81     Jun 25, 2011

2. Revisit the concept of DEFLATION - not just the layman's definition of opposite of Inflation.

If you did, you would see that its is GOODS whose value drops like a stone in a DEFLATION relative to CASH and therefore the value of CASH becomes investment-like.

Its a new way of thinking, actually old but due to the fact that there has been only one DEFLATION in the last 150 years experience with it is not easy to come by.

CASH represents currency and/or short-term treasuries.

#82     Jun 27, 2011

3. Yeah. :D

But a fellow could drop a nugget of info worth 1000000 tons of gold at ET but nobody would notice.

There was an ET-er who was having a terrible time with the DSI indicator prices - he didn't want to pay Jake Bernstein the 2k per month. I told him he could get a reasonable facsimile of he DSI right here and it would only cost him some man-hour work per month.

I don't think he liked the idea of working for it, so it was wasted on him and I believe on everyone else too.

#83     Jun 27, 2011

4. What if he's Ivan? :D :D :D

#84     Jun 28, 2011
  5. zdreg

zdreg

reveal and ....

#85     Jun 28, 2011

6. Got it. Thanks. :)

#86     Jun 28, 2011
  7. Ivan... lol

#87     Jul 1, 2011