Stocks on Brazil's Bovespa

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TM1982, Oct 29, 2009.

1. TM1982

TM1982

Anyway to trade stocks direct on the Bovespa? Not looking at ADRs!

2. If you have Brazilian CPF number (usually held by Brazilian citizens or Brazilian Permanent Residents) you can open an account at a Brazilian Broker (Corretora). As far as options for those without a CPF, I did ask Interactive Brokers if they have plans to add Bovespa stocks and the Brazilian Real currency to their offerings. They said they have plans to add them but didn't have an estimated date of when they would be added. Brazil's government has some isolationist policies, restrictions on transferring money, etc, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for IB to add them.

3. It's no big deal to buy Petrobras in Madrid for example, but as far as I understand, that implies the same currency risk as in ADRs.

For a simple buy and hold, I'd like to have a way to hedge this other than a full globex future.

4. Hi what is the status quo with repect to interactive brokers and the Brazilian Market?

5. I am angling at trading some Bovespa Index Futures options

6. ?.....try contacting Daal or SouthAmerica with a private message. Either might know something. :cool: