Stocks love a weak dollar...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PohPoh, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Thats a goverment number, need I say more.

#11     Jul 23, 2007
  2. Actually some of you guy's don't get it.

A weaker dollar does little damage to dollar denominated asset holders.

Stocks and real estate will rally on dollar weakness in order to keep parity with competing global assets. In fact it's the dollars weakness that's kept our markets strong. Here in Miami those over built condo's are being sucked up by Europeans and South American's spending weak dollars.

Instead it's workers who suffer. While your home price will triple if the dollar goes into a 1980's Argentinean death spiral, hourly wages will not even come close to keeping up.

#12     Jul 23, 2007
  3. Are you joking? Seriously, no one can be as dumb as you. :p

#13     Jul 23, 2007
  4. um...nice try....but just plead ignorance as usual.

our government just loves a typical ignorant american like yourself that believes as long as the stock market goes up that all must be great with the economy.

you`ll never get it so stop trying to justify your drivel.

#14     Jul 23, 2007
  5. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

multinationals profit from a weak dollar by selling more product overseas.they convert foregn money into dollars. in other words foreign dollars buy more US dollars. MOST S&P 500 STOCKS HAVE LARGE OVERSEAS EXPOSURE.
    the flip side/negative side of a weak dollar is that it can be inflationary. meaning imports become more exspensive.please correct me if i'm wrong here.

#15     Jul 23, 2007
  6. Too bad you can't make any dollars in your account shorty.

#16     Jul 23, 2007
  7. & what makes you think i`m always short,villiage?

i can be long & short during the course of a day several times because i participate in this thing called trading......such as the site is called.

btw, i`ve been posting my daily P&L for a year now in the P&L thread.....not including my position account.

now get your shine box,boy & polish up that CRT......:p :p :p

#17     Jul 23, 2007
  8. Yeah, actually he is from Europe so he's making Euros and due to the fact that the dollar is weak he's lucky. How are your food stamps doing in the world trade? :confused: :p

#18     Jul 23, 2007
  9. LOL! 4% according to whom? Wait wait....don't tell me. The government??

Some of the things you say amaze me.

#19     Jul 23, 2007
  10. Considering stock_turder uses food stamps to buy food, obviously is too dumb to drive a car, and his parents probably pay the electricity bills. So he is probably the only "person" on here who thinks excluding food and energy from core inflation makes sense. :p :p

#20     Jul 23, 2007