Stocks Intraday - Multiple Timeframe Alignment - 5 and 15 min

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by stevenmac22, Oct 9, 2021.

1. I saw a video where Al was trading a 15-sec chart and using a 2-min chart and a 5-min chart.

In fact here it is:

Scalping series: #03 Ten Emini scalps on 15-second chart - YouTube

#11     Oct 10, 2021
    stevenmac22 likes this.
  2. Thank you for flushing this out a bit more for me. To maybe help give more context, I have been trying to get into a straight call or put at or after the open on momentum plays (based on a catalyst) with weekly options from 9:30 - 11 AM. So I am trying to watch for some sort of confirmation that tells me to enter on the stock price to then buy a contract (just buying 1 for now) and then sell the contract to close the position.

I attached a trade on AFRM from Thursday 10/7. I ended up stopping out of it and took a 20% loss on it - that 2nd red bar on the 5 min took me out.

As I go back to look at the 5 minute chart, the 3 EMA wasn't above the 8 EMA or 21 EMA until 9:45 AM. I was thinking that at that point, it would have been my entry when that alignment occurred. What makes it challenging is I feel like I don't have a checklist (which I am trying to create visually with those EMA boxes and other box indicators) to let me know things are more favorable to enter on a position, but it may be all wrong.

I am also noticing that it seems like the K>D on the 15, 10, and 5 (but especially higher timeframe of the 15 that K is over D that the price seems to move up).

I try to look for above average volume coming in.

As a bit of history, I picked up the 3 EMA concept and 8 EMA from watching some videos from Steve Bigalow. I picked up the MACD and Stochastics from Dr. Barry Burns as I had bought one of his programs, but I can't seem to trade his system as it gets into so much cycle lows and highs and wave counting.

Honestly, I am just all over the place just trying to find a strategy that can work for me, and have been failing at it - that has been the truth. This is why I need help from those of you who know what you are doing and are successful with it.

How can I go about getting corrected to institute something that can work? Is there a framework that I can operate off of?

Thanks to everyone for trying to help me,
    Steven

#12     Oct 10, 2021