Stocks are now offering the best selling opportunity in 10 years, thanks to the Fed

Discussion in 'Economics' started by RedDuke, Jun 21, 2019.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

elitenapper and Clubber Lang like this.
  2. The big 3x top in the Dow could become a 4x top. Could be played as an ideal place to short.

However if the 3x top is taken out significantly, the great selling opportunity will be later and at a higher price.

3. dozu888

dozu888

The entire process from October to April is clearly my pro boys gathering chips before running it much higher. This type of article is further evidence they are gathering. You gotta join them!

jl1575 likes this.
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Personally, I only fear big crush. I will make money in both up and down moves. The reason I fear it is regulation. Should be have a major crush and prolonged recession/depression who knows what politicians will cook up to kill it for us. FTT, upticks rules and much worse.

Snuskpelle likes this.
  5. Pre-mature shorting is akin to pre-mature ejaculation. Wall Street's function is moving paper (until there is no demand OR they run out of inventory).

nooby_mcnoob and GRULSTMRNN like this.
  6. dozu888

dozu888

I assume you are referring to long term holds...

posted yesterday that the definition of the 'wall of worry' is that there have to be real worries for the price to have appreciation potential...

the notion that 'I need to wait on the sideline until there is clarity' is the very reason that amateur investors buy in at the very top.

7. bone

bone

And yet we are banging out fresh highs in the equity markets. In the early throes of a full blown trade war with China. Inverted Yield Curve. Multi year highs in Gold. And Iranian shenanigans.

8. Overnight

Overnight

I see no more equity good coming out of a full-on trade war with China (Remember, it's still not true fisticuffs yet.), the direction of which will flesh out next week at G20. We certainly upped the ante by now having 5 China tech companies on the blacklist.

9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

It's important to note that the trade war is perhaps the only negative out there with respect to stock markets. It's a big negative but if it gets resolved/contained, all the other factors will push markets higher.

Overnight likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Yes, I agree with that assessment. That is what has kept me from going long with abandon. It is like this itch you cannot scratch.

But then, IF the trade-war resolves, the fed in July SHOULD say fuck you to Trump, rates are going to stay unchanged. Neener neener. I mean, let's face it, there's really no reason to cut at this time. The economy is teetering on the brink of great vs. could-get-awful.

And then there's Iran. Oi, I long for the days when traders did not say NI to old women.

#10     Jun 22, 2019