Stockbroker beats down Hedge Fund Manager

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by 377OHMS, May 30, 2008.

1. Thats good stuff.
    Maxim Group which was prev know as Investec Ernst, prev known as Royce Investment Group.
    Back in 1997 fights in the 120 man bullpen were not uncommon. Everyone always worried about the impending FBI raid. LOL.

A lot of the guys were from Stratton Oakmont , which was the inspiration for the movie, Boiler Room.

Ahh, those were good times. Lunch at Major's Steakhouse on Rt25, happy hours like mad. The kids with new corvette's and Dodge Vipers who still lived in Mom's basement.

I got some good stories.

#11     Jul 12, 2008
  2. subban

subban

Ahh, those were good times. Lunch at Major's Steakhouse on Rt25, happy hours like mad. The kids with new corvette's and Dodge Vipers who still lived in Mom's basement.

I got some good stories. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sounds interesting, you should start a whole new thread on stories you have on working in a boiler room.

#12     Jul 12, 2008
  3. if it was a pit trader, the guy would be out the gym window......

#13     Jul 12, 2008
  4. Sounds interesting, you should start a whole new thread on stories you have on working in a boiler room. [/B][/QUOTE]

Weird, I live several miles from Major's Steakhouse on Rt-25. It's not that great of a place...kind of blue-collar. Guess the boys weren't too big of traders yet.

#14     Jul 12, 2008
  5. Weird, I live several miles from Major's Steakhouse on Rt-25. It's not that great of a place...kind of blue-collar. Guess the boys weren't too big of traders yet. [/B][/QUOTE]

Major's isn't that great of a place...but it was very close to the office. And at the time it was a place where a lot of boiler room brokers went to lunch.
    And there were not very many bigtime brokers there.

#15     Jul 12, 2008