Stock_turd3r is a better trader than 95% of ET - 5 reasons why:

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by aeliodon, Oct 17, 2007.

1. It is accurate to assume 95% of elite traders lose money, especially when you consider how bearish most of them are.

The goal of the stock market isn't to be smart -the goal is to make money. The mistake a lot of people here make is they assume the stock market is like a game of Jeopardy where the smartest, most knowledgeable people should win. That just isn't the case.

#11     Oct 17, 2007
  2. Nice trick aeliodon, lol
    Anybody clicking on the link puts
    stock_trad3r on ignore.
    Thanks but I will choose who I put on ignore AHOLE!!!

#13     Oct 17, 2007
  3. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I agree with only one thing --- that is that the goal is to make $$$. But any serious and competent trader plays BOTH sides --- long and short. Your buy & hold mentality doesn't make money short term --- money that is spendable. Paper profits are nice but can disappear as quick as they materialized.

How many NFL teams only pass the ball (and don't run) or vice versa? None ... because if you only used one strategy on offense you'd not win as many games as you could had you employed BOTH the run and pass.

Next, you don't seem to understand many facets of the economy. Most in the US are spending every dollar they make. Savings is almost non-existent. Foreclosures will continue as will the sub-prime issues. Many refinanced as housing prices went higher pulling money out to spend. Now they have nothing left to pull out of their houses. As oil approaches $100/barrel the higher cost of gas for autos and heating oil will further pinch the US consumer --- who make up 67% of the economy. And most of these people have significant credit card debt, at rates fairly high. We may or may not see a recession but we definitely will see further slowing of the economy if the above continue to be ways of the US consumer.

#14     Oct 17, 2007
  4. LOL. My account's up today. I suppose you wish you could say the same.

Gotta be prepared faggot

#15     Oct 17, 2007
  5. piezoe

piezoe

Ah, Did you mean like our President rather than a parrot? Maybe turder is presidential material afterall.

:D

#16     Oct 17, 2007
  6. Hate to beat a dead horse here but straight out playing the indexes to the long side with no leverage doesn't work "globally". The USD$ dropping cancels it out and more. I am beating US indexes in my Canadian checking account.
    So you have to leverage yourself+3 times over to overcome the currency dropping to make 15% a year...So you had a nice 30-40% drawdown in a few weeks to make your measly 15%. Doesn't sound very interesting to me.
    If you were really leveraged you got wiped out.
    I'm just tired of hearing that the only way to play it is to be long and leveraged the indexes. Its a losing strategy.

#17     Oct 17, 2007

7. Yeah, yeah, yeah. whatever. So you made $150 today that doesn't change the fact that your an emotional and idiotic excuse for a trader and a complete nitwit at understanding the markets.

Oh, btw, I was up also today..1.69% to be exact and that was being 98% invested, 100% long. So I guess that makes me even smarter, huh?

P.s. anytime you want to compare P/L's you just say the word.

#18     Oct 17, 2007
  8. that guy is smart. from his comments, I know he belongs to warren buffet type guy, that says he is in the 5%, while not in the 95% group. he just shoots too much

#19     Oct 17, 2007
  9. I for one don't give your ass, for this guy. I TRADE, HE BUYS enough said, why do people think this guy is a messaih???? he is not...traders win....he does not....buy and pray loses 10x out of 10

#20     Oct 17, 2007