stock777

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by NY0BScalper, Mar 29, 2011.

1. In many ways you remind me of Ivan, another very generous and helpful moderator. Damn shame that he resigned due to circumstances. He shared your philosophy about wanting to make this a better place for traders and especially for beginners like myself.

Volunteers get paid richly in HEAVEN but what if GOD turns out to be Lucrum or Baron, then you get stiffed AGAIN - so a salary now would dispense with this liability.

$30/hr plus you get stars for each and every time you help a trader with valuable input (double that for assisting newbies) that he then "stars" you for which in turn translates into "commissions" or "bonus(es)" (star scams can be eliminated quite easily)

:) :)

#21     May 13, 2011
  2. deadbroke,

I appreciate your offer, but I would not work for you. You see.. I seek independence and Elitetrader allows me that (interestingly this is why I trade for myself, also).

I was absent from ET for a time...this must of been when Ivan was active. I can assure you that I was here before Ivan and hopefully will be here for many years to come after Ivan. I just enjoy ET and have come to realize it. I can be a part of ET in many ways and moderating SPAM is one of them. As far as the others moderators here you would have to ask them why they are here directly, but I can assure you their service is not motivated by compensation as I know some of them and over the many years here they truly have made ET a better place. It is a thankless job and I believe one must be called into it.

I would like to be remembered as a trader most of all. The side duties of killing spam is really nothing and does not deserve any salary. There are many traders capable of looking for spam and really the job is not that hard. Contact Baron if you are interested. For some.. being more than just a guest and becoming part of traders lives may enrich your experience as a trader.

lol..as far as heaven and enrichment there....well isn't that what this ife is all about?...but really God does not care about EliteTrader and trading...lol...I would hope that the trial of my faith be tried with fire and that I could have a few rewards in heaven...but my shortcomings would more than cancel all of that out.

We digress...this thread is about a member here not moderators.

ES

P.S. I marvel at how complete strangers can contribute here to a point where many become friends and then there is the human condition of Hatred that can be contributed equally so.

#22     May 14, 2011
  3. bone

bone

IMO, Elite Trader Moderators are incredibly tolerant. From what I can determine, Threads and Posts get deleted for two primary reasons: 1. Spamming, and 2. Personal Attacks and Outright Slander.

IMO, ET will tolerate very sharp responses and heated exchanges provided they stay on point and are trading related.

#23     May 14, 2011
  4. Below is a link as to why a thread gets moderated. I follow them EXACTLEY. Many times I am alerted as a result of a complaint being transmitted by a guest. It is necessary for you folks to complain when you see something as I am a trader first and a moderator second and I do not peruse the threads looking for violations.

I appreciate the guests and the sponsors here and want to do my part to make this community all it can be.

I think you will find that the moderators here within the dictatorship (lol ☺) are all meaning well and want to be good at what they do. Many of them silently do their job and you never hear from them or notice them....but I ask you...IS THERE ANY SPAM ON THIS FORUM?...ASK YOURSELF WHY?...I will leave it at that and pat all of us moderators on the back as there is a lot going on behind the scenes that you folks have no idea about.

I think you can agree that ET is the most professional Trading Forum on the Internet and it is where the Professionals congregate.

Now what do we do about stock777....? HeHe...just kidding...

ES

http://www.elitetrader.com/conduct_rules.cfm

Member Conduct Rules

1) As an interactive computer service, we are provided immunity by the United States Congress in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996 from being held responsible for material published to our site by users of our services. As a user of this site, you will be held solely responsible for the content of any message that you post. If you post libelous, defamatory, slanderous, or otherwise untruthful remarks about a person or company, you could be putting yourself in legal jeopardy.

2) By posting information in any chat room, message board, ratings system or other interactive service that may be available to you through this site, you are not to upload, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content -- including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information -- that:
    • contains excessive profanity or vulgar language;
    • is insulting or argumentitive without merit, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), uses vulgar language in the creation of a user name or otherwise violates Elite Trader's rules or policies or these Rules of User Conduct;
    • victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of politics, religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
    • infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party;
    • constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (also known as "Spamming"), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
    • contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party; or
    • impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Elite Trader.
    3) You are not to harvest or collect information about the users or members of this site or use such information for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic e-mail or communications.

4) You are not to knowingly solicit or collect personal information from a minor (anyone under 18 yrs old). Personal information includes but is not limited to name, address, phone number or name of their school.

5) Registration is limited to one username per member. Elite Trader may, without prior notice, immediately terminate any or all of your accounts after discovering you have registered, and/or posted under, multiple usernames.

6) Advertisements and solicitations of any kind are strictly prohibited unless you are a paying site sponsor. As a person who does not represent one of our site sponsors, you are not to solicit our members with any type of commercial offer, or advertise your business through your public posts, private messages, profile page, or file attachments. This includes, but is not limited to, posting your phone or fax number(s) and posting any URLs or hyperlinks to your commercial web site(s) or email account(s). Elite Trader and its agents may remove or edit any posted content, without prior notice, that contains unauthorized advertisements or solicitations. Elite Trader may, without prior notice, immediately terminate your membership upon discovery of any unauthorized advertising or solicitation.

7) While we appreciate your interest in Elite Trader, we do not want and cannot accept any ideas or content you consider to be proprietary. Consequently, any material you submit to this site will be deemed a grant of a royalty free non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, display, transmit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute these materials throughout the universe in any medium and through any methods of distribution, transmission and display whether now known or hereafter devised. In addition, you warrant that all so-called "moral rights" have been waived.

8) Because our site is an interactive community, you will likely receive automatically generated emails notifying you whenever there are replies to your posts. By becoming a member, you will also receive our community bulletin, which is an occasional email notifying you of new site features or events. If at any time you do not want to receive any more of these mailings, you are always given the option to unsubscribe in each email. We do not provide your personal information to anyone for sharing or marketing purposes. However, we may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the law, respond to claims or comply with legal inquiries about the content of your posts. Also see our Privacy Policy for information on how we collect and use your personal information.

9) Elite Trader does not pre-screen the content posted by users. However, Elite Trader and its agents have the right at their sole discretion to remove any content that, in Elite Trader's judgment, does not comply with the Member Conduct Rules or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. Elite Trader and its agents may suspend or ban users posting such content at any time without notice. Elite Trader is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing or editing such content.

#24     May 14, 2011

5. >>>> I appreciate your offer, but I would not work for you. <<<<

It was not an offer to work for me, ES. I was simply stating what Baron should be paying you and other mods of your caliber for working for HIM

>>>> You see.. I seek independence and Elitetrader allows me that <<<<

Bah humbug! Sooner or later you will run into the wall that Ivan hurtled into. That is when your concept of "independence" will surely be tested. Your reward will be severe disillusionment.

>>>> it is a thankless job <<<<<

agreed 100%, that's why I was pissed off when some asshole attacked that nice moderator recently in open forum and thereby caused some weaknesses to glow in the dark. Almost all other forums that I have seen issue an instant ban for attacking a moderator. Said moderator is a soft spoken gent and didn't deserve that lambasting, yet nobody came to his rescue.

>>>> Contact Baron if you are interested. <<<<

TraderZones dedicated a few years to aiding ET kill spammers. Then he died and nobody even went to his funeral.

The only job I'd be interested in at ET is to burn the fckin place down and rebuild - something that has become fashionable in recent times.

--------------------------------

You're a good man, ES - best regards to you

:)

#25     May 14, 2011

6. ET in its current state is a disgrace and the antithesis of "professional"

There are ZERO professionals here.

Any professional organization in America has clean restrooms - have a look/smell at ET's restrooms aka P&R forum etc.

stock777 is a saint compared to the S&P500 which bottomed at S&P666 aka The DEVIL.

#26     May 14, 2011
  7. If anyone should be getting paid it's me, for obvious reasons.
    [​IMG]

#27     May 15, 2011
  8. stock777...you play the satire well....my friend. I read your one liners and have to chuckle at times. I think that some here do not get the satire...

Guests, members and lurkers...Can't we all be friends and stop these public banning threads in ET's feedback?

When you get right down to it...we are all traders...and whether you like it or not one can discover other similar traits here also...(Shakespeare said we're all actors).

ES

All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts,
    His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,
    Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
    And then the whining school-boy, with his satchel
    And shining morning face, creeping like snail
    Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
    Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
    Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
    Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
    Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
    Seeking the bubble reputation
    Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
    In fair round belly with good capon lined,
    With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
    Full of wise saws and modern instances;
    And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
    Into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon,
    With spectacles on nose and pouch on side,
    His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
    For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,
    Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
    And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
    That ends this strange eventful history,
    Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
    Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

#28     May 15, 2011

9. Nobody got it. The 7.8 mag quake with consequent 30 ft. wave lambda sent many bitches on perennial rag who frequent the FEEDBACK forum to their proctologists.

What did they not get?

A moderator calls stock777 "friend" :)

Lucrum and his gang of crybaby bitches are in despair and feverishly scrambling to regroup. Their wailing like banshees to BAN 777 can be heard on George's (Eric's) geeetar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3RYvO2X0Oo&NR=1

The lesson for the bitches of Retard Central? ...

Anyone who wants stock777 banned now has to take on SAINT ElectricSavant

How can anyone not love the drama here?

:) :) :D

#29     May 16, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Remind me where I said 777 should be banned.

#30     May 16, 2011