Stock777, right yet again. Tim Sykes unmasked.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by stock777, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can you please learn English? Thanks!

#41     Mar 9, 2012
  2. Covestor has a market capitalization minimum of $50 million.

Some of those stocks don't meet the minimum.

#42     Mar 9, 2012
  3. did that turd he touted last week thats down 50% meet the min?

#44     Mar 9, 2012
  4. every link on his old site now leads you to a page where he begs for your email.

i detect a serious problem in Sykesville.

#45     Mar 9, 2012
  5. Clearly you're misinformed. He never "touts" stocks. He always bets against them and recommends them to short. That's his method, and you, sir, are too stupid for me to waste more time with this because he expected it to go down, since that is the method to short "carcass company" stocks.

Sykes wins by shorting these, so if it's down that means he made a big profit. Because you're so stupid that you haven't even read the vaguest inkling of what he's doing, and choose to ignore his third party track record, it doesn't matter what I say because -50% means Sykes won huge, and didn't lose.

Last trades were short MSTG, down 10.29%.

#46     Mar 9, 2012
  6. What is his AUM?

#47     Mar 9, 2012
  7. Who cares? It's not relevant, nor does he have any.

His business model is a subscription based newsletter and not responsible for keeping track of those things because any capital is following him, and not under his direct control.

Covestor is an SEC registered Investment Advisor. Puts them at $100 million+, but Sykes isn't an ia or broker, so there wouldn't be any AUM for him to report, as he's not managing it in the sense of having AUM.

I do not meet the definition of a "shill" because I do not receive any monetary benefit from my comments or even intend to mislead. The denial of the OP centers more around jealousy, than any rational, objective assesment of Syke's performance.

#48     Mar 9, 2012
  8. d08

d08

He has his own account, it might be as small as $1000 and he's just ripping off subscribers.
    As a non-trader of course you'd say that AUM is meaningless. The stocks he trades are not scalable, a mere $5-10k position would be significant and move the price considerably.

#49     Mar 9, 2012
  9. In my ADV even as an IA I'm required to report my relationship with them as a "data publisher", and that's how it is to be treated for him like myself.

There is no AUM under this arrangement. IB requires more than $10,000 to have a margin account.

I trade everyday.

Here's todays volume on the most recently traded stock:

90 day average:

I believe Covestor also requires stocks priced over $5 so at $120 million market cap, it's probably that that makes this rec unsuitable.

#50     Mar 9, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.