Stock Watch Pro Users

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bundlemaker, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Are other users having the same problems as I am. It seems extremely buggy, to the point I almost can't use it. I tried installing on 3 different computer, all with windows XP home. My main trading computer has only OS, qcharts, stock watch pro, IB's TWS and excel.

SWP crashes completely if I try to open ANY chart window. Can't even close the program except through task manager. Symbols randomly appear in my Level 1 windows. And now, worst of all, when I click on a row in a Level 1 window, it changes all my chart intervals in qcharts.

I have tried repeatedly reinstalling the software, to no avail. Is this just the way SWP is. Their support people have already told me to live with it and use qcharts for charts. But now with the other problems, I don't think it's usable.

2. Avaturk

Avaturk

Tried it for two weeks. Uses the house of cards programming technique- one wrong click and it crashes. Also, even though some of the concepts are excellent, navigating it is slow and NOT intuitive. A good programming team could extract something useful here. As it is, most traders simply don't have time to deal with this level of "interaction".

3. yep, it's a total pain. i liked it, but gave up. life's too short.

4. buggy buggy buggy. can't even get started with it. I don't have the patience for this.

5. corvus

corvus

I have never had it crash on me, ever. Win2K and 192MB RAM. I like it alot, really.

But man do I hate qcharts.

6. MACD

MACD

Wow, I have nothing but rave reviews for SWP. Great software, great Tech support.

Works flawlessly under XP.

No complaints whatsoever. Love it. I have no affiliation with the company -- just use the software.

I know at least 10 other traders that are all happy. No complaints and I certainly would have heard from them -- since several are users as a result of my recommendation.

The crashes must be from something else. Have you emailed SWP's excellent tech support. They respond very quickly and are very knowledgeable. You are welcome to PM me and perhaps I can solve some problems for you on the setup. Don't think that would be your problem though since the setup is very easy and would not be causing the crashes.

They give a free trial of the complete program. They would never sell one or get users if this were a prevalent problem. I shall be glad to help you anyway I can.

Good Luck,

MACD

7. Well maybe I spoke too soon. After seeing the positive comments I decide to try again. I downloaded it again and I'm getting it to work now. I still need to learn the ropes but it looks pretty cool. Maybe I can get this thing to do what I want after all. I promise to post my findings after a more thorough trial.

"Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly."
    - warning in a Batman costume