STOCK TRADING

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by John_IL, Jan 31, 2008.

1. John_IL

John_IL

Did anyone else lose money today?

#11     Feb 1, 2008
  2. Silly question. Majority on ET rake in dough on a daily basis!

#12     Feb 1, 2008
  3. dozu888

dozu888

dude, you are gambling, not trading.

here is the road map for ya:

1. read all the threads on ET, and paper trade every possible methodology, until you find something that maybe workable (duration, 2-3 years)

2. more paper trading and slow transition to real trading in small size (duration, 2-3 years).

so 5 years from today, you will be on your way to profitablity.

if this sounds too tedious to you, then just buy and hold, like I do :D

#13     Feb 1, 2008
  4. gaj

gaj

i've heard decent things about her.

despite what others say, there ARE good teachers out there. why would they teach / sell their services? a couple reasons:

-> their principles won't be used exactly by hundreds of people, and even if part of it was, the markets / liquidity is large enough to handle people doing smaller number of shares / lots.
    -> they can supplement their trading income by doing it.

i'm not teaching / selling because i don't have any desire to do it, and many of the things i'm trading are small niche plays not suitable for hundreds of traders @same time. but i don't knock those who can do it and are helpful.

of course, there are FAR more people who are selling stuff who really shouldn't be, and whose income is mainly / wholly derived from teaching, and haven't / can't make money trading the systems they're teaching...but that's another issue entirely.

#14     Feb 1, 2008
  5. lindq

lindq

That's about the right timetable. But new people entering the 'business' never want to hear it.

#15     Feb 1, 2008
  6. John_IL

John_IL

Good advice dozu888

I will not trade live until I make money on paper trading.

#16     Feb 1, 2008
  7. dozu888

dozu888

dude, sounds like you are the teachable type..... since I am in a good mood today, here is a short cut that may possibly reduce your 5-year journey to profitability.

avoid anything that envolves drawing some spagetti lines on the chart. this includes on the chart itself, or beneath the chart... now these spagetti lines all have fancy names, such as gang angles, pigett levels, fibotrash levels, sarchastics, bull-ringer bands, booboo-ing averages and the best of all, idiot waves.

These names sound very magical, for a reason, so that they can suck in the newbies (and the gurus can make a buck along the way).

so remember the above paragraph, and this will somehow shorten your jouney.

good luck.

#17     Feb 1, 2008
  8. lindq

lindq

Why? After spending two minutes reading her "blog", I can tell you it is a load of crap.

Typical mumbo-jumbo designed to take money from trading wannabees.

In my next life I want to come back as an FTC commissioner, whereupon I will shut down every web site and TV infomercial that EVER uses the words "Are you serious about making Money", or "I'll tell you my secrets to making money", or "Yes, you can make money from trading, with no risk."

I can absolutely guarantee you, without hesitation, that not a single one of these hacks is an experienced profitable trader. If they were, they would be trading, not asking for your $250 bucks for the "secrets" to trading success.

And if you stumble across other web sites with supposed independent articles, blogs or testimonials in support of these hacks, you can be assured that they are placed there as sponsored links.

#18     Feb 1, 2008
  9. John_IL

John_IL

lol :D

#19     Feb 1, 2008
  10. John_IL

John_IL

Here is what I’m going to do:
    Write a trading plan with all the rules that I need to follow.
    Read recommended books.

When I finish my plan I will post it here.

I would appreciate your feedback and any suggestions you have for my plan.

#20     Feb 1, 2008