stock trading margin and min deposit

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by countercountertrend, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Ok I've been looking around and for stock CFDs it seems that leverage is typically 10:1 or 5:1. With DMA, is margin the same? I was hoping to get at least 50:1 or 100:1 is that possible? Also, with DMA what is the minimum account size I need to trade shares?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

You are using the term DMA incorrectly. It means Direct Market Access which relates to routing to the exchanges, not the margin afforded by the clearing broker.

What country are you located in?
    Are you looking to trade US-listed equities?
    Are you looking for a US broker Dealer or one not regulated in the US?

3. I use DMA to distinguish between CFD stocks and DMA stocks where you own the actual stock when you purchase it and I wanted to know if there was a difference in the two between margin offered. Im looking to trade ASX/Asian/European/US shares so everything.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

You will not be looking for a US broker like my firm, as margin for day trading in smaller accounts is limited to 4X for Day trading and 2X overnight. 50X to 100X is not likely anywhere and not really a good idea. Maybe you should consider futures that have natural leverage. ES futures are about 20X as the margin is about 5%.