stock trad3r on suicide watch

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Warrior4g, Nov 21, 2007.

1. I'm starting to feel bullish again myself JimmyJam. Just two weeks ago, I was completely bearish, but with the huge shakeout recently in the financials, I'm a little less worried. Plus, I think the retailers are going to have a good christmas season. We'll have to wait and see. But for the time being, as long as Europe and China economies stay relatively strong, they will prop up the US through exports. For once, the roles have changed (at least temporarly).

At least for the next month and a half anyways, I'm on the bullish side and will add some long positions in the financials for the long haul. I'm actually hoping for one last financial crash after the first of the year though to really get some great prices. I think for the next year, January will set the tone. If no more heavy surprises come out in the financials, it's all aboard for them.

#31     Nov 24, 2007
  2. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

All I can say is Warren Buffet has started investing in some banks now..
    I'm going to take the side of the old geeezer..

2000 I thought he was senile, guess who made a ton of money?
    now guess who lose a ton.. this guy i don't know he seem to have Teflon on him...
    CNN now talking up retail traffic on Friday.
    This should play well into Mondays open...
    Fridays numbers dont come in until DEC 1st

#32     Nov 24, 2007
  3. I think we're flat to lower from here for some time. There's going to be a decoupling on US markets between stocks with genuine global exposure and those without. It's going to be a stock pickers market. The US economy has recession written all over it and Ben is losing the inflation fight badly, troublesome times ahead.

#33     Nov 24, 2007
  4. swheat

swheat

The economy will continue to grow, driven by the expansion of other countries. The falling dollar will keep on falling till it stops. Exports will benefit. China will not. Research/devlopment of alternative engery sources will also continue to drive growth. The price of oil will continue to drive research/development. The credit "crisis" is not. People still need houses and offices and manufacturing plants.

#34     Nov 24, 2007
  5. gobar

gobar

on friday and satuarday, i was @ kohls and there was huge line both inside and outside of kohls... Macys crowd was ok...i think kohls is better then jcpenny, and macys....never saw so many people @ kohls....

#35     Nov 24, 2007
  6. the twenty and two crowd give you a nice rally into 12/30. Then, after they gut the suckers, the bottom falls out - all the sins come home to roost.

This is like the little kid crapping his pants, and trying to hide it from Mommy. Eventually, she'll get a whiff. Wall St. is the little kid.

#36     Nov 24, 2007
  7. Its really hilarious that we arent even down 10% and people are looking for bottoms. These are the tops! Bottoms will be ATLEAST 20%-30% lower and in 9-12 months from now. This bear market is so overdue and has been put off for so long, that now that it finally takes hold, it will ravage its share of stubborn longs who have forgotten what a bear market even is.

#37     Nov 24, 2007
  8. swheat

swheat

Excellent news:

UPDATE 1-US retailers enjoy strong start to shopping season

CHICAGO, Nov 24 (Reuters) - The lure of bargains trumped economic concerns at the start of the holiday shopping season as retailers logged sales that were significantly stronger than a year ago, a customer traffic counter said on Saturday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNewsAndPR/idUSN2432720920071124

#38     Nov 24, 2007
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

Good.

Should keep the rally going for another day or two, then set up a nice bull trap. S&P needs to test 1400, if not the yearly lows, for a more signifcant rally to occur.

#39     Nov 24, 2007
  10. Yep, and in 1991 Hussein had 3mm soldiers. Problem was, nobody could hold a rifle while they ran. More statistical bullshit. Everybody is looking for a magic bullet. Go to a dollar tree, a biglots, a Family dollar. Packed. I laughed like hell when some knucklehead for one of the big firms said, and this was two months ago, "the numbers from BigLots show the robustness of te American Consumer. " How about "the increase in Spam sales show the upscale food tastes of the American consumer."? Ever been in a BigLots? Lots of cool stuff, but if you can afford Macy's that's where you go. I f you go to Big Lots, it's mostly because you have to > I'm the exception. I llike five # of summer sausage for 2 bucks. Me and the dogs eat it with cheddar cheese. Give a dog a summer sausage cheese chunk samich, and he'll show you real gratitude. You won't get that from your neighbors.

The robustness of the American consumer my ass. He's going to need to be robust when they put his ass on the sidewalk on the street in 6 months or so. I wonder how that will effect consumer spending?

"Well, I really like this couch, but it clashes with the Exxon station motif across from the vacant lot where I'm camped. " WTF???

#40     Nov 24, 2007