Stock Swing Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by coolweb, Jan 2, 2006.

1. You started the wrong thread, you're not swing trading if you are only grabbing .46% in less than a couple hours. Thats day trading, maybe even scalping. You need to change the name of the thread or start a new one for what you're doing.

#51     Jan 10, 2006
  2. Let us know when you start posting your "examples" of swing trades ok?

Advice for you:

He who does not do should not interrupt the person doing.

#52     Jan 10, 2006
  3. He does have a very good point, you are daytrading, not swing trading.

#53     Jan 10, 2006
  4. That's all I'm saying, there's nothing wrong with what you're doing coolio, I'm just saying its not swing trading.

I'm in the process of switching brokers, should be funded by the end of the week. I'll start posting my swing trades next week.

#54     Jan 10, 2006
  5. Tip:

I'm a risk manager.

I don't care if I'm yearly trading or second trading or millisecond trading.

If things are not going by my risk standards, They are exited.
    If they are going by my risk standards, they develop and get held.

Pretty simple to understand.

#55     Jan 10, 2006
  6. Ahh, ok then the thread should be called Stock Risk Manager Traders, not swing traders.

#56     Jan 10, 2006
  7. Normally I would make you look like the retard you are.
    In this thread, you are forgiven and ignored from this point on.

#57     Jan 10, 2006
  8. :D :D

#58     Jan 10, 2006
  9. No need to be rude CW, all he is implying is that the thread is mis-titled.

#59     Jan 10, 2006
  10. Boib

Boib

CW you were the one that set the time frame. What most of us refer to as swing trading.

From the trades you have made so far I wonder if you would ever hold a stock overnight or if the risk would be too great?

I appreciate an aversion to risk, I finally became profitable when I realized that it wasn't how much you made but how little you lost that really mattered.

For swing trades(1 to 15 days) I widen my stops and reduce my position size. It's a risk reward thing. I don't mind risking 30 cnts to make a buck.

#60     Jan 10, 2006