Stock Swing Traders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by coolweb, Jan 2, 2006.

1. I am very happy for missing a trade due to what I feel based on prior experiences. Their are stocks like LSS that break out every week and a lot of them at that. Plenty of opportunity to make lots of money. Whats their to be sorry about?

#11     Jan 3, 2006
  2. Gotta trade...At the risk of becoming the next comedian...

I think Tempur-Pedic International (TPX) is worth a look. It could be good for either a swing or a longer term position trade. The company has taken a 50% hit over the last 6 months which has drawn out the class action vampires and doubly socked it...but overall the company has a solid, well known, high margin product line with 5 year revenue CAGR around 40%. It also ranks #2 in Net Margin (11.3%) in the 36 company industry peer group. Ret On Equity is 40%. Certainly raw material costs are rising because of petroleum, but they have an excellent sales force and people will always need something comfortable to sleep on. Despite the competitive issues, I believe Mgmt will even bring 05 Net Income in higher than 04. We will know in a few weeks.

I believe TPX is significantly undervalued in the mid $11 range.

Technically TPX has made two higher lows and two higher highs after putting in a low back in mid Oct. (Just about the time Mgmt announced a Q3 13% increase in sales to $206MM along with a $80MM stock buyback program.) Today it bounced off the support side of a ten week regression channel with Williams%R curling up ready to fire a buy signal crossing up through -80.

I popped for an intial 1000 this morning to get in the game.

Cheers!

#12     Jan 3, 2006
  3. Lets try to keep all trading entries

with

1) symbol

2) Entry price

3) stop price

4) reason (optional)

So at least we have a good idea how to risk manage the trades

thanks.

#13     Jan 3, 2006

4. Stock is sitting right at a 50 and 20 day EMA, and has very little volatility. Borrrrrring. In, IMHO, their products suck. Thanks, but not interested.

But good luck to you.

#14     Jan 3, 2006
  5. well i guess i'll jump on this journal affair although my entries were last thursday.

#1 TRE 600 @ 6.195
    showed strength last week, although now it seems to be tailing off..will probably drop it soon

#2 CEF 500 @ 6.81
    steadily climbing without much pulling back...we'll see how long it lasts.

and no, those are not my "reasons" for entering those stocks, just keeping it short and simple.

RT

#15     Jan 3, 2006
  6. BTUI 13.30

reason for buying is anticipation of a BO.

#16     Jan 5, 2006
  7. Shifting this to journal

#17     Jan 5, 2006
  8. Anyone looking at SBUX today?

Near 52 wk high, ADX on the 30 min looks bullish, decent volume....

- The New Guy

#18     Jan 5, 2006
  9. Are you going to post any trades or are you in cash?

#19     Jan 5, 2006
  10. I'm going to be posting trades real soon, Most likely
    Lots of opening 9:33- 10:00 longs .

And Mostly NYSE stocks.

Been chicken scratch coding new indicatorsthis whole week.

thenewguy,
    I do not prefer any public active stocks to swing myself.
    You should try less active stocks, they don't correlate the market as much in a good way.

#20     Jan 5, 2006