Stock Screener Recs - MSN "retiring" Stock Screener

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Maximum, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Maximum

Maximum

Any recommendations on Stock Screeners? I have used the MSN Stock Screener for >10 years and they just announced they will be “retiring” many features in November. I have been successful using their Screener, and in fact it’s fundamental to how I trade. I am a swing trader, using fundamental and technical criteria. Exporting to Excel with the ability to sort and rank is also necessary and one of the features MSN will be eliminating. I have tried many other web-based screeners in the past . Reuter’s Power Screener could do most of what I need – but they have also discontinued their Screener.
    I apply a Death Cross indicator – so need Last Price, 50 DMA, 200 DMA, 52 Wk Hi, 52 Wk Lo. Fundamental Criteria includes EPS estimates (past, current, future – for qtr and year), Growth Estimates (Next Yr and 5 Yr), Debt/Equity Ratio, ROE (Last Year and 5 Year). Industry Name, Market Capitalization, and Analyst Target Prices would be nice, but not necessary. Am willing to pay a subscription.
    Thank you for any help/recommendations.

2. thstart

thstart

We are working on something new and interesting - a real time screener and alert system.

Still in beta - please register - we will notify you for next steps:
    http://www.thstart.com/contact-us

3. lindq

lindq

4. not bad but it doesn't have all of the criteria that msn has. (my screen uses 12 month RS, 3 month RS, various volume averages, and a few other things that yahoo doesn't have.)
    I'm thinking I might need to start paying for a screener starting in november when msn retires theirs. Anyone have any ideas?

5. If you're trading stocks EOD, TC2000 by Telechart (I think that's what it's called) is a really powerful screener. No,it's not free, but it's rather inexpensive.

6. Hey Maximum, anyone else,

Any idea why they're existing the business?

7. stockfetcher.com

8. Genesisft.com has the Trade Navigator Platform which allows you to create custom screens for creating lists of stocks to trade. These 'criteria' include both fundamental, as well as, technical criteria. It is also not free.

- Spydertrader