Stock Scanner ? ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by healthynfit, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Can anyone here recommend a free website or a free software package that scans stocks to find specific criteria (like largest % gainers . . .etc. . .) ? ? ? A good one !

2. birdman

birdman

3. I dont think you can beat www.blocks.com

it can do it all and just about make lunch too. its free for end of day data and pretty cheap for real time data.

4. I second that on Blocks.

5. It amazes me that so many people want something good but then want it to be free.

Why not pay for a decent scanner. It should pay for itself from better trades you find.

6. birdman

birdman

7. "Information wants to be free"

8. Couple of good words in the article.

Entelechy - In the philosophy of Aristotle, the condition of a thing whose essence is fully realized; actuality.
    In some philosophical systems, a vital force that directs an organism toward self-fulfillment.

Propertied - owning land or securities as a principal source of revenue

Anthropomorphic - Referring to objects or structures that resemble or have human form, attributes, or personality. Usually applied to figurines or the representation of gods or animals.

9. And there's of course the ambiguity in what "free" means. The fellow who's credited with saying it first is a native English speaker. Did he mean "free" as in "without monetary cost" or "free" as in "freedom"?

I prefer the "without monetary cost" interpretation. :cool:

#10     Aug 18, 2008