Stock Scalper's P&L

Discussion in 'Journals' started by stockman007, Aug 14, 2005.

Which type of stock trading yields consistent profits?

1. Scalping (held for few minutes)

61 vote(s)
    55.5%
  2. Day Trading (held for at least an hour)

20 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Swing Trading (held for few days)

29 vote(s)
    26.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike2

mike2

Wow, steve, my man steve. Give it up dude. The guy said he does not do his own trades and yet you keep saying that he is new to the game. He takes the trade recommendations of someone who is NOT new to the game. Plus, I think you're the one who started the immature "homoerotic" clause. Just leave it right here. His asking for gain loss posts, he is NOT asking who thinks his results are fake. Let this post be a bit useful. I am tired of reading you guys fighting over nothing.

#51     Aug 17, 2005
  2. Mike,
    I appreciate your moderating of the thread here and yes things have gotten off topic. In his first post he was condescending with me about not wanting advice from a "rookie trader". Thats how that whole thing got started.
    Look, a year from now if you guys are still doing great, my hat will be off to you. If this site is run by a trading guru and he gives great advice all the time, well i hope you all milk it for all its worth.

#52     Aug 17, 2005
  3. Sorry stockman for posting your name wrong..Very confusing answering alot of these threads!

I will admit, I am very new to the game and looking for some help. I found this site and saw a post about the site for scalping and looked at the results. they were 2003 +89k 2004 +93k and right now up about 64k with 4 months to go, so could be a record year. I emailed and spoke to the person running it and got some good vibes. I then signed up for the trial. I traded the 1st day, monday and didnt trade, tuesday, lost a few bucks and today made a few bucks. So all in all about even, again I am new..

Stockman with more experience, has benefited, most have that have been members for a bit. Today I think just about everyone made close to 1k..that are not new, being new, you dont know what to expect from a new method and for me, I am taking it easy to start.

Thats about all I can say about this system, the guy running it has been in stocks 15 years and started scalping in 03 and started a service..His past results are very good and from what I seen in just 3 days, they are accurate.. We will see how 1 month goes, or 2 weeks, etc..

I was also told that soon, the membership will be cut to 15. Stockman is that what you heard? I think end of this month it will take effect, right now its still open, but will only take the 1st ones that show interest, I think he said he has 9 or 10, so 5-6 more and he will close it up...

Also, the system, he recommends you trade 500-1k shares. That is stated clearly, some trade more that to their discretion.

#53     Aug 17, 2005
  4. hotboats

hotboats

Bought 1000 shares of gept at 4.71 close tues., sold wed. moring at 5.02, 1000 shares vphm wed. morning at 13.65, sold at 13.72, would of held longer but didnt like the chart action, not really a scalp on gept but felt good to make alittle money, trade retail with RML Trading, 007, love your journal, keep it up, Gary:p :p

#54     Aug 17, 2005
  5. Some people like Hydroblunt may have misunderstood the meaning of "time in market". Time in market refers to how long the trade was open in the market before it was sold. It does not mean that I just sat down for 28 minutes and made that money. I trade from 9-4 also. It is extremely painful to sit at the computer for 6.5 hrs. Of course it is not easy! I did not mean to make it seam easy.

Stockman007

#55     Aug 18, 2005
  6. Steve, i guess you are right, was a little harsh on you about the rookie thing(i started out as a rookie too!). All the sh** was supposed to go to hydro for his ridiculous comments earlier. But he is not even worth talking to. At least you are way more logical than he. let's take it easy from now on

Stockman007

#56     Aug 18, 2005
  7. Logical is being cautious & skeptical in the trading industry, I figure after 8 years you would figure that out. Or do you go long with all your capital when some analyst on CNBC says that it's a great time to buy.
    Anyway, like I said, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and would love to know the site.

#57     Aug 18, 2005
  8. No problem Stockman, everything is cool. Please continue to post your results, I am very curious to see how well this site does in the upcoming months. Good luck with everything!

#58     Aug 18, 2005
  9. Hi everyone,

I was not trading today. had a doctor's appointment for my mother. Any how, here's what I heard:

MYOG: +.35
    MYOG: -.40
    CTTY: -.35
    CTTY: +1.00 in the last hour rally.

Profit on day after commissions: .55
    Total Time in Market: Not sure

Maybe someone else will post their detailed results. Thanks

P.S. Steve, thank you

Stockman007

#59     Aug 18, 2005
  10. This result today is not so great I think, I am sure others had much better results. Please post and share. Thank you.

Stockman007

#60     Aug 18, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.