Stock Scalper's P&L

Discussion in 'Journals' started by stockman007, Aug 14, 2005.

Which type of stock trading yields consistent profits?

1. Scalping (held for few minutes)

61 vote(s)
    55.5%
  2. Day Trading (held for at least an hour)

20 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Swing Trading (held for few days)

29 vote(s)
    26.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_End

The_End

Stockman007 - is there anything that you have learned from it to help you to become a better trader individually that you can share with us? For example, would you be able to trade more successfully if you were to leave the service; if so, in what way?

I am trying to understand beyond the benefit, behind solely posting the results of a subscription service. TIA

#21     Aug 16, 2005
  2. Excuse but how in the world do you start scalping with 1000-5000 share lots after slow losses in swing trading. You must be some kind of trading super-genius cause almost every scalper starts out with 100 share lots till he gets consistency and then sizes up slowly with slower moving safer stocks, a process that takes months. I have never heard of a trader jumping into scalping stocks liked BIDU, SPIR & VPHM with such size as if it was nothing.

You're really gonna have to post some screen captures to show you're for real cause in my opinion you are just a sneaky site/chat service promoter (getting some PMs yet?).
    In fact I am surprised that you did not post any screen captures being that your thread is right next to the "Trader P&L" which I'm sure you have read. It is a little suspicious that you decided to start your own thread, as if to call special selective attention to it.

#22     Aug 17, 2005
  3. nitro

nitro

A screen capture can easily be doctored with a software like Photoshop.

Basically, everything you see on EliteTrader that is not an audited statement should be treated as fiction.

nitro

#23     Aug 17, 2005
  4. KevinK

KevinK Guest

I agree.. I just quickly played with MK's blotter from today...and made this...note the numbers do not add up and I am not accusing MK of doctoring statements, merely clicked on his first to prove nitro's point

#24     Aug 17, 2005
  5. stockman007 already posted that he using a paid chat room (in response to a direct question to him, not unsolicited) so why you are questioning his choice of stocks? They clearly aren't his choice, he is just following the calls in the room.

Considering he just posted a fairly good sized losing day (which matches the performance posted on the paid chat room's site) I'm not sure your accusations are on target. Why would he be advertising a losing day?

I know the knee-jerk reaction around here is to call everyone a liar, crook and shill but to be honest I haven't see anything from him that would indicate any ulterior motives and I appreciate him posting his results.

#25     Aug 17, 2005
  6. r-in

r-in

stockman, What is the typical risk for these trades? On the losses you show -1.20 and -.40, and profit of +.20, +.25. A couple of those -1.20 can quickly wipe out the profits, so I was curious if they trade with a given risk per trade or leave it to you to figure out?

#26     Aug 17, 2005
  7. Remiraz

Remiraz

807 posts i have. wanna guess how many are constructive? about 1%! :eek:

i have been trading for like a year. got introduced to ET for abt 1.5 yrs. how the heck i get so many post counts?? :confused:

#27     Aug 17, 2005
  8. Yes I know that screen captures can be doctored, I'm very good at desktop publishing and even though I rarely use Photoshop, I can do it relatively quickly. Still, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to screen captures if they are posted on a regular basis. Notice, we have yet to see one from the originator of the thread

You ain't too bright, are you? Or you're simply inexperienced when it comes to the scalper universe of NYSE/Naz. What stockman007 is posting are unbelievable results for anyone that only recently started scalping. The fact that he jumps in with 1000 shares minimum into those stocks is enough to baffle me. Once he mentioned the chat room, I had an urge to PM him and ask him which chat room cause if a newbie can get such results, someone with experience should make a million dollars in year easily.

He posted a small losing day in comparison to his winning ones. Either way, look at the amount of his trades, those results are amazing. It's a very clever shill, assuming it is one.

Look if this guy is for real, I will be the first one to ask him for his AIM/Yahoo/MSN tag cause I would love to know each of his trades in real time and jump in with him. Anyone that can start catching such trades in those stocks with that size and a relatively small time is a freaking super trader genius. Or is experiencing a very generous luck streak. Either way, I'm waiting for find out.

#28     Aug 17, 2005
  9. Glad to see that my thread picked up some life. Along the way it has picked up some skeptics. Winter, thank you for supporting me. R-In, yes stocks like BIDU can wipe out gains, but the same stock also made us a lot on last tuesday or wednesday. So when you make $3- $4 on BIDU, you do stand to lose at least 1-2 on BIDU. Its the nature of trading. They dont give exact stops, they watch level 2 and tell us when to sell. But they do give exact profit targets.

Now, to the skeptic Hydro- Firstly, I can easily take a screenshot of my account and post it, but the screen shot shows acct# and I cant reveal that to you. Now, you tell me a way to post details of trades without account number and i'll do it. for your information: It is a privacy issue. Secondly, let me tell you that I am not a newbie. I have been trading for 8 years now and I have lasted through every market you can think of. I have swing traded 100,000 shares of ison once. I dont fear to do shares as long as the stock has momentum. The chat room makes the call and i decide the shares and I do it. Now, seeing this guy's performance, why should I do 100 shares and make measly profit and waste my life? Maybe you have time to waste your life like that. I dont have that time or patience. This is the first and last reply I will make to you.

Stockman007

#29     Aug 17, 2005
  10. Here is what happend today:

SMTX: +.25 [2000 shares long]
    REDF: +.50 [2000 shares long]
    BCSI: + .10 [1000 shares long]

Profit on day after commissions: +$1,500
    Total Time in Market: 28 mins 02 secs

#30     Aug 17, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.