Stock prices prior to WWII - where can I find this?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by rros, Nov 22, 2008.

1. rros

rros

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get stock prices going back prior to wwII. I can check charts on yahoo for the dow and a few more indexes but no stocks. The oldest data I found for free on the internet was on bigcharts beginning on early 70s. I am looking for charts and it doesn't matter if the companies are no longer around. Thank you.

2. You can download historical quotes for free at Yahoo! Finance:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/finance/quotes/quote-12.html

3. rros

rros

Thanks.

The Yahoo page says "Historical quotes typically do not go back further than 1970."

Do you know of any other resource for the time prior to WWII? 1930-1945

4. Hi,

Thinkorswim has a tab called "Prophet." If you have access, it goes back "forever." If you don't have access, I can look a few stocks for you if you tell me the dates you want.

Mom

5. ==================
    RR;
    GE may[website or email ] give you stock prices;
    back to 1929 or so i think. But its changed its fundamentals & markets have so many new players like hedge funds, so a lack of chart data maybe a blessing in disguise,

Dow goes back to early 1900 ,
    on prophet charts, you can figure its like today ,Citigroup does much worse than average. Some do better, in that average.

Edwin Lefevre,Reminiscences of a Stock Operator book has more than a few old time stock names/prices.Just found a major top for ''US Steel ''in that ,$114, according to Jesse Livermore.

Probaby find the last 7 or 8 years more helpful., for US Steel ''X.''.....

:cool:

6. rros

rros

Thank you, SolidMom. I am looking at ThinkorSwim right now. Thanks Murray!

7. gnome

gnome

The market as a whole won't be very interesting. It was still in the post '29, malaise.