stock price scanner

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Shorttrader88, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Do you know any broker or scanner where I can scan bids and asks that are above or below yesterdays closing price starting at 4am eastern time?

2. Bob111

Bob111

i have one,but it's DIY and i'm not running it continuously.just once a day

3. DIY?

4. Bob111

Bob111

yeah. made by me. what's wrong with that? :p
    as for brokers-doubt it. maybe tradestation?

5. wish i knew how to make it

6. Tradestation's scanner can do this. I can't speak for other brokers but it seems simple enough.

7. Bob111

Bob111

trade ideas?

http://www.trade-ideas.com/

what's the point of doing this? some sort of particular idea? they go up or down just like everything else.
    actually i do have several years of such data,enough to check if there is any statistical significance(for example that the stock will outperform index for this day). but i'm too lazy to do that.

8. looks interesting...checking it out ..thanks...do you know if their info starts at 4am east time

9. I dont see anything about the bids or asks compared to yesterday close

10. Bob111

Bob111

since you have such strict requirements-your only option will be some sort of custom application. think about. even if they do have it-how you going to store or know when(for example) bid was higher than close? was it 4 am or 9:29am? what if markets gaps up\down? and there is 5000 stocks that have bid above prev.close? i mean-you have to save it,filter it and keep track of all this,as market changes before regular hours. and it has to be on 'their' side,not on yours. simple because if you want such scaner on your side-you need streaming data on all stocks flowing into your computer from 4am. that's a lot of data. all i'm saying is-it's not as simple as it looks.

#10     Mar 10, 2013