Stock Picks sites?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Grabbit, Jul 28, 2001.

1. jperl

jperl

Here is a site that picks only one or two stocks every morning to trade:

http://www.tradingin.com

The site is unusual in many respects.
    a)It is not a chat room
    b)They claim to trade their picks
    c)They always trade with the same amount of capital($10K)
    d)They always exit when they hit 3% profit or the end of the day which ever comes first
    e)They have a fixed stop loss.
    f)They display their track record for each month.
    g)They haven't had a losing month that I can see
    h)it's cheap

I don't use it and you may ask why? I tried it for a while and believe it or not I made money but it was boring. You have to sit all day with one or two stocks that move like snails. I wanted more action-now I only trade highly volatile stocks that make most of their move in the first two hours of the day. That leaves me the rest of the day to play golf.

#21     Aug 8, 2001
  2. Grabbit

Grabbit

Well, millenium-traders did better yesterday, so I'll give them a try.
    As for Tradingin.com I'll take closer look at that too, although I've seen better performance lists (never tried though). Speed of trading is a thing too. Watching and waiting can make you get bored and exit too early.

#22     Aug 8, 2001
  3. BigWave

BigWave

I agree. I would suggest using a stock screener such as stockcharts.com

#23     Aug 8, 2001
  4. Grabbit

Grabbit

Hm.. well, actually I'm beginning to think you're right folks. Only rely upon others where you've failed yourself.
    And I'm still experimenting with different indicators on different stocks. I just got the feeling I must find something workable one of these days.
    And some of these stock pick sites, I just don't always trust them at all esp. when (like many) they won't let you have a real time trial.
    Tnx anyway all of you.

#24     Aug 8, 2001
  5. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

Grabbit,
    I'm currently using Ravenquotes two week trial and this program blows me away.. its amazing in terms of alerts, studies, custom formula builder, plugins, etc...
    you might want to check it out.

#25     Aug 8, 2001
  6. Grabbit

Grabbit

OK, perhaps I will.
    But you 've got me on the wrong topic now :D ! It's clearly the end of the day!
    Thanks all the same!

#26     Aug 8, 2001
  7. What other rooms would you guys recommend?

#27     Jul 31, 2002