Stock Picks sites?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Grabbit, Jul 28, 2001.

1. tradeRX

tradeRX

m_c_a,

>"too much"
    >"too many calls"

You got to learn to move if you want to make any money.

#11     Jul 30, 2001
  2. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

true. I do need to be faster..
    I'm working on it:)

#12     Jul 30, 2001
  3. Hitman

Hitman

Personally I can not imagine anyone who make great calls selling them for subscription fees. There are only so much liquidity and once the number of subcribers reach a certain point those calls will be less and less reliable. A professional trader doing this as a hobby to share with others for free gets a lot of credit from me. Someone who makes a lot of calls but doesn't trade will never ever receive an ounce of respect from me. If you are the man, be there on the front line.

My advice is learn the game of fishing yourself, and do not rely on others to bring you fish. I mean, if it was so easy, that all you have to do is subscribe to a few rooms and make size even if you don't know much, everyone and their mother would be doing it.

#13     Jul 30, 2001
  4. tradeRX

tradeRX

Well, imagine this....

Income from trading your calls & income from others trading your calls.

Why not?

#14     Jul 30, 2001
  5. Grabbit

Grabbit

m_c_a98: "true. I do need to be faster.. "

Well, same problem with me, that's one of the reasons I start looking for support in the form of stock picks or whatever.
    The nicest thing would of course be someone having who just tells you when to enter and when to exit, but that's not very realistic I'm afraid.
    I found trading upon indicators very unreliable. And this whole T/A thing is so complicated that there will always be (many) others who are better than you at it, and will take the money from the table before you even think of it.

So I've come to believe that you either need very expensive software, or rely upon others and maybe learn something yourself along the way.

#15     Jul 30, 2001
  6. bizeditor

bizeditor

TradeRX - I found your discussion of Millennium-Traders very interesting, but when I go to their site, all I get is their logo and a lot of broken links. Is there a problem you are aware of?

#16     Jul 30, 2001
  7. Do you guys ever get the feeling that when these rooms are making calls, they are simply trying to pump up their own positions? I have watched some of the calls and have learned that I hate relying on other people's calls, I wish there was a way to know if they were trustworthy. We should be able to see their trade blotters with the times on them. Something.

Julie

#17     Jul 30, 2001
  8. Grabbit

Grabbit

On the other hand, Julie...
    would you like to trade on a call that the caller does not make him/herself? :D

The thing is you can never trust anyone in this (or any, but especially this) business.

I think it's worth the try if you find something that looks ok. If they concentrate upon high volume stocks, there's not much 'pumping up' involved I would say.

#18     Jul 31, 2001
  9. tradeRX

tradeRX

jetboy,

All the links work for me. Try again.

PS Take their two week trial before committing to a paid month.

good luck

#19     Jul 31, 2001
  10. Grabbit

Grabbit

Well I checked out millenniumtraders and momentumstockplays. Maybe I caught them on a bad day, but it surely did not work for me. I may give the first one another try later though.

Any other interesting stock picks sites or live trading chatrooms?

Thanks.

#20     Aug 8, 2001